What are you doing to pass the time until surgery?

cgunter78
on 11/20/05 6:30 am - Augusta, GA
What are you doing to pass time until surgery. I'm scheduled for an Lap RNY on December 20. I'm wondering if anyone else is having "nesting syndrome" like me? I was really bad before my son was born, right up to the night before he came into this world. It's happening again......lol...... AND I'm SOOO not pregnant. I'm want everything super clean, like "pulling off the oven door and taking it apart to get it shiny".The more I start thinking about it though, there are a lot of similarities between the two experiences. I know it will be painful, but I'm not sure how much pain it will be cause no one's experiences are exactly the same (diff. hospitals, staff, doctors, some have good pain meds, others don't.... you get the idea). I also know the pain will be temporary and it will fade with time. Anyway, so that's how I'm approaching it-just like a birth of a child. So I keep asking myself, "What did you do before you had Mikey?" ---- I prepared. So now I'm looking around for clothes (comfy PJ's and strechy pants are a must), books (half.com is a great site), buying supplies like vitamins, queasy pops, and little things to help me feel better, like a mirror, hairbursh, and no rinse shampoo (if you can find it), and some quick fix food items that follow my doctor's plan. I also found ISOPURE at GNC which should work for the clear liquids stage along with broth, jello, etc. So my question is, does this sound like you? Let me know I haven't quite jumped off the deep end yet...lol. Best wishes everybody! Carol G. from Augusta GA
C B
on 11/20/05 1:29 pm - Houston, TX
i kinda wish i had all that nervous energy, heh. i spent lots of time preparing my daughter's 13th bday party this weekend and the rest of the time i am spending writing, taking part in NaNoWriMo. best wishes!! --Cinthya (date 12/19/05)
bblessed27
on 11/21/05 2:52 am - Baltimore, MD
This is a great question because I am kind of lost as to what am I to do until 12/16 comes. I have had all my doctor appointments and met with the nutritionist and surgeon and the only instructions for me were to not have anything after 12 midnight the night of my suregery. Other than that, its on me to get everything together. I do have a sample shopping list that was given to me to prepare for the surgery and I'll probrably go out a week or 2 before surgery to get those stuff. I am also hoping that I can get the majority of my Christmas shopping done since Christmas is 1 week after my surgery and I am not sure how I will feel that week before Christmas to go out and do shopping like I do every year. I am nervous and in the back of my head I feel like I need to get the house together and make sure that everything is tidy before I go to the hospital but of course, I have no energy to do that at this time. But on the other hand, I feel that I am only going to be in the hospital for 2 days and I am praying that I will be up on my feet when I get home. A friend of mine had the surgery about 4 weeks ago on a Thursday and was home Saturday and in church on Sunday. He said that he had no pain and everything was easier than he thought. He prepared himself to be home for about 4 - 6 weeks but he was back at work in 2 weeks. How I would love to have a carefree surgery like that but as you say everyones surgery is different and my story could be totally different although I am hoping and praying that I come out the same way. Although, I think the week or a few days before my surgery I will be running around like crazy trying to get things in order for when I come home from surgery. I do my best work at last minute because I know that it has to be done. Good luck to all the December surgeries!
Dribble
on 11/21/05 8:02 pm - Upstate, NY
My date is 12/12 and I told my fiance "I have nesting syndrome" when he wondered how it was that I came to be vacuuming the basement ceiling last weekend. I've never been pregnant but suddenly understood what it was about. Some need to have my life all in order before the big event. It never will be, because I am working full time, more intensively to get things done before I'll be out, and also going to grad school. But squuezed inbetween all that I've been stocking up on shakes, Isopure, H2o drinks, baby food, etc. etc. I have lists and lists. Still have to shop for some comfy sweats to live in for a couple weeks. I also compulsively made folders for the paperwork on each diet stage, coordinating labels, and so on. No, you have not gone off the deep end, but I might meet you there! Kelly in NY
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 713 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 664 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 775 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1136 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1068 views