Recent Posts

bdub
on 9/27/11 1:48 pm - Midwest City, OK
Topic: How is everyone doing?
Well we are quickly approaching six years.  The first 5 were great but I have lost some control this year.  I have gained weight and now need to lose at least 30lbs.  Not a happy camper.  As I was going over my vitamin intake and other nutritional items I realized that I had gone way off track.  It is no wonder I am tired most of the time.  So today I am offically returning from the Dark Side...LOL
Bdub
kookooberry
on 5/3/11 4:05 am
Topic: Hello, anyone out there?
Well, I see a few of us returning to the roots..I lurked around a while before I signed back up, but I didn't see anyone that I remembered.

I started this journey at 259 lbs, which use to be called lightweight back in 2005. I'm 5'9". I didn't feel as big as I looked in photographs.

I got down to 140lbs, but went up to 162 and now steady for the past few years at 155. I'm happy with weight, but having issues lately. My practitioner said I have Acid reflux but couldn't explain how a stomach the size of my fist have acid. Anway that has been on going since Thanksgiving of last year. I have been on prilosec. It helps, but not very happy about the condition.

I am getting ready to "turn" 54, and been having symptoms of menopause, hotflashes, heart flutters, depression, anxiety, hair loss, overall bummed out.
I did see a website that included the acid reflux in menopause symptoms.

I went to see a GYN who is also a bio-identical hormone replacement friendly doctor. He drew blood and tested for these things:

COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC
CYANOCOBALAMIN VIT B12
CALCIFEDIOL VITAMIN D3
ESTRADIOL
DHEA SULFATE
PROLACTIN
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE
SEX HORMONE BINDING
TESTOSTERONE TOTAL
PROGESTERONE

My results will be reviewed May 5th. But I am not sure yet what therapy will be used because he said he would need to review the best  prescription delivery for any defientcies since I am a gastric bypass patient. I had RNY.
I'll report back with the findings if anyone is interested.
Janet
liesehaley
on 3/20/11 5:05 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
Topic: RE: Tri Care cover plastic surgery?
if medically necessary.  yes.

also where i had my surgery [RnY] at the Military hospital.  The did the plastics there too.
liesehaley
on 3/20/11 5:03 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
Topic: RE: Where is everybody?
Feels like a Class of '05 reunion.  lol

I've struggled the last few yrs.  high of 275, low 185... had a baby in sept '08.  now have to deal with a regain of 50lbs.

I was on bedrest my whole 3rd trimester [nonwls related].  C-section.

The slippery slope of addiction**** me right after.  bad eating choices.  not exercising and not taking my vitamins..  [bad idea]

Just had my Labwork done, i am low all over.  [though at least my type 2 diabetes is still 'cured']
I am anemic, will be going in later this month to see if i need an iron infusion.  low in D, low in B6...

So don't be a sucker and think everythings okay... Take your vitamins.  there's a great website called www.wlsvitagarten.com  layman's terms on labs/vitamins.

Getting geared up to do the 5DPT [ http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html ] to de-carb and to go Back on Track.  Then going back to Low Carb... like after surgery.

An interesting post i read elsewhere stated that it was around the 3-5yr mark when we get to comfortable and start to eat badly and neglect our vitamins... we think we are indestructable.
bigjoey38
on 1/24/11 12:20 am - sterling, CO
Topic: RE: Help!
Thanks

Just yesterday I started working out with weights again... I was going to the gym today to do some cardio but I have a headache so I decided to stay home since I have to go to work this afternoon.

I am planning to make a doctors appt for the End of jan.   Hate to go back with all this weight on
I am hoping at least to lose 10 lbs before I go.

Joe

Start weight:339 Lbs   (Sept 07, 05)
Band date/weight= Dec 13, 05/ 320 lbs
Lowest weight after surgery:  Apil-14-06-261.2 lbs

Diona A.
on 1/22/11 11:12 pm - Miles City, MT
Topic: RE: Help!
I had GBP Dec 28, 2005. I have been way down in weight and back up again and now am hovering somewhere in the middle. Seems people disappear off this board after they think they have conquored their problems.

I usually eat about 1500 calories a day - not a breatfast eater so try to get a protein drink in first thing, snack on cheese sticks, do something like like Tacos for lunch and then dinner is usually a sit down meal. No specifics. Just try to eat protein first and then fill in with potatoes and veges.

Also, must keep moving. Even if it's just walking.

Diona

Diona Austill
Miles City, MT
wantstowin2
on 12/29/10 10:37 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Hi Bethrn,

So glad to hear from a few of us five years later.  It has been a day-to-day struggle for me, but I find that I'm actually doing it and, aside from the occasional binges, I have managed to stay 4 or 5 lbs. above my goal weight of 125.  It isn't easy.  Old habits creep in and out and I always have to be on guard.  I just keep walking the walk and talking the talk (to myself).  I am trying to get a support group together for Los Angeles and have found a few people like myself who are interested in doing the same.  I have found that no one really understands what we have been through...  The changes we have had to make and the new lives we lead.  I have a very supportive family, so that helps a lot!  I went to Curves yesterday to see what that was all about because I'm trying to add some new activities to my repertoire, but wasn't too thrilled with it.  If you have any suggestions re activities, I'd love to hear about them. 

Happy New Year,

Janet

bethrn
on 12/29/10 7:35 pm - Dyersburg, TN

5 years out from my lap band.

Started at 260, got down to 185, back up to 212, and now back down to 175. Whew.. slowly, steadily making progress.  No weight gain in 2 years. 

// Beth //
12/2005 Lap Band
by Dr. George Woodman, Memphis, TN
Pre-op - 260 lbs / 3XL scrubs / size 24 / BMI 43.2
Currently - 175 lbs / Med to Lg scrubs / size 12 / BMI 26.8

bethrn
on 12/29/10 7:32 pm - Dyersburg, TN
Topic: RE: Today makes 5 years!!!

It's been 5 years (+3 days) for me, also!!! It sounds like WLS has been good to you.  My lap band has been good for me.  I also wish everyone the best in the WLS journey.  Anymore 5 year post-ops out there? :)

Happy 2011, everyone.

// Beth //
12/2005 Lap Band
by Dr. George Woodman, Memphis, TN
Pre-op - 260 lbs / 3XL scrubs / size 24 / BMI 43.2
Currently - 175 lbs / Med to Lg scrubs / size 12 / BMI 26.8

sboyd1
on 12/19/10 4:16 am - Pearland, TX
Topic: Today makes 5 years!!!
Time has flown by so fast. I literally had to check my page to make sure it has been five years. I am so grateful for having my rny. I've gained some weight back, but not nearly what I wore pre-op. Thanks to this site for EVERYTHING!!! All the best to everyone in the wls struggle.... sb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 717 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 672 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 780 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1142 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1077 views