Fainting...

cerenamorrell
on 9/17/08 4:01 am - Massena, NY
Hello everyone,
Well I have been having a problem lately with feeling lightheaded,dizzy,nausea,sweating and weakness.  It comes on very fast and always when I am at work!  I thought maybe it could be my blood sugar and so does my doctor until yesterday.  I actually went out for about 3-4 mins where I dont remember anything, although I am a nurse and was at work and the doc there gave me oral glucose when I went down, my blood sugar was 107 just a minute after that so dont think its my sugar since I really didnt get much of the oral glucose in me before they took my blood sugar.  So of course I got sent to the ER and they ran a bunch of test for my heart and blood pressure and that all checked out fine.  So they told me to follow up with my surgeon which I am doing today but I have been talking to him for a month about this and all he tells me to do is eat more carbs in my diet!  So I am coming to my fellow obesity help friends to see if any thing like this sounds familiar or has happened to any of you! PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!!!!  My fear is it is going to happen while I am driving with my children or home alone with them and I wont beable to wake up next time! I am really scared!
FirstFlight Mike
on 9/24/08 6:15 am - Bolton, MA

So Cerena, what happened when you saw your surgeon??? Did they do a CT scan? Do you have a bleed or obstruction of some sort?

This is a very scary thing.
cerenamorrell
on 9/26/08 10:51 am - Massena, NY
Well all he did was some blood work and said it was my blood sugar dropping! I apparently need to eat more often!
KimJ
on 9/29/08 8:44 am - Sacramento, CA

It sure sounds like your blood sugar... the same thing happens to me if I don't eat frequently... I carry peanut butter crackers with me wherever I go..... I used to avoid carbs like the plague, but I NEED them now.

scrappergirl
on 10/23/08 12:02 pm - Inland Empire, CA
I had the same kind of Blackout - two weeks ago in a Physics Lab class. I was standing doing some experiments all of a sudden felt hot and started walking toward the door to get some air and didn't make it. An hour and a half before Blacking out I had drank a 54 gram Protien shake that was Carb free. I concluded that when I blacked out I had only had 11 grams of carbs that day and my body needs more carbs to convert to sugar.  Thats just my thinking - It hasn't happened again since my slight increase in carbs and making sure they are distributed through the day.
Bekki        
sweetpea4u
on 10/24/08 3:09 am - ., NH
how are you feeling now? has this happened again? any other answers you might have found out?

century mark at 9 months out

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 609 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 637 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 845 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 896 views
I am Back