It's November! 11 Months and how are we doing?.....

jephiner
on 11/2/08 1:16 am, edited 11/2/08 1:17 am - Canada
Well - what a trip this has been!

I am 10.5 months out and I have lost approx 100lbs total.  I have started to run which feels great.  I am still 180 lbs and should be at least 30 more down but ideally 50 more down, before I quit losing.  Weight loss has been only 4-5 lbs for the last 3 months or so.  I try to focus on portion size, type of food I am eating and am now adding exercise.  I have also given up alcohol to a) decrease my risk of addiction transfer and b) eliminate calories.  I am afraid that I will fail (like I have a million times before) but excited non the less.  Hope has returned!

Physically it has been difficult but nothing compared to the mental journey.  I have struggled with missing my addiction, being moody, trying to learn how to care for myself (making enough time for me seems nearly impossible) and learning new rules about being a slim(er) female in this world (it can be super scary!!!).  Sometimes I feel like a preteen trying to figure everything out again and I feel so behind other people my age.  It feels awkward and embarassing but still - I know I am headed in the right direction and I feel so very blessed to have this opportunity for another kick at the cat.  I am so thankful I am only 35 ..... I still have a whole lot of life to enjoy the changes I am making now!

I signed up for a running workshop that begins on my 36th birthday (learn to run 10K) and so I have started the most basic running so that I will be in good starting shape in January.  I have decided to try for a half marathon in the summer!!  I can't imagine it but I am just going to keep sending that out there into the universe and let it come to me!

I hope you are all growing while you are shrinking and would love to hear more about your journey.  What a trip we are all on!

Jen

Jen
southernbelle52
on 11/4/08 3:53 am - Jacksonville, AL
Hi Jen
I'm a few days ahead of you. I have lost a total of 165 pounds, 131 of them since surgery. I am doing well. Still get foamies occasionally. Yesterday was a rough day. I got something stuck and didn't know it for several hours, either that or I was dumping. KFC will never see me again. LOL. I was sick from 4pm until about 1am this morning. I ate at 130 pm. It was a rough rough day.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Isn't it amazing how differently we are treated the thinner we are?
 vickie

kellymb
on 11/4/08 11:14 am - Albuquerque, NM

My 11th month anniversary will be on the 26th.  I can't believe how quickly the time has gone.  At first I was really struggling, but now I feel pretty comfortable with knowing what my body can handle and what it can't.  I have long stalls about ever other month, but then lose again.  I'm down 145 pounds overall and 111 since surgery.  I feel so much more confident besides having more energy and stamina.  It's amazing how just the little things in life are so much better, i.e. sitting in chairs with arms, fitting into an airline seat with no extender, wearing nicer/smaller clothes.  But the best part is being off all the prescription meds I was on before for high blood pressure, GERD and IBS.  Praise God!!  I do, however, need to move my butt more and exercise.  I did develop reactive hypoglycemia, but can tell when I need to eat to offset the effects. 

KellyMass, how did you come to set the goal of 180 pounds originally?  That is my goal too, based on my BMI and per my Dr.  But, if I read the BMI calculator correctly, I'd still be "moderately overweight" for my height.  I just turned 50 and think I'd be quite happy at that weight.  BUT, on the other hand, the BMI calculator says I should be about 155 pounds to be a "normal" weight for my height.  I'll never have that high school body ever again (especially not with all this loose skin), so I've been really struggling with what my goal weight should be.  If anyone has a suggestion that can help me, please do respond. 

Happy 11th month anniversary to you all!!!!  Kelly in New Mexico

barbccrn
on 11/4/08 6:50 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi my Dec. SISTAS!!! Can you believe it's been 11 months??? I certainly can't. Hey I'm a member of the "need to lose 180 lbs also". Kelly I'm with you. It seems that the dang scale won't leave the 180s for the past 6 weeks. Think I'm slightly frustrated??? YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to basics;back to basics!! OMG!!!! Next month we'll be talking about our 1 year surgiverseries!!! WOW...who ever thought it?????

PhotobucketPhotobucket

jephiner
on 11/6/08 10:20 pm - Canada
Just because it seems to be on topic I wanted to add that I have definitely plateaued over the last couple of months.  I'm down maybe 4 lbs in 3 months.  I have started counting calories (I was eating a lot more than I had realized) and exercising.  I was so frustrated because I have been running, lowering my calories and today I got on the scale and had gained I half pound.   I know it means nothing but I am just desperate to get moving again   I will just keep doing what I am doing and hopefully it will turn around and I will see some weight drop off.

Peace!

Jen
Godsblessedme
on 11/11/08 12:14 am
i dont even want to talk about it. i'm miserable! 67 pounds since surgery big whoopie! A gi doctor recently told me that my surgeon probably didnt bypass me enough thats why i'm not a faster looser but we'll see. I goto the surgeon next month and will voice my concern (for the 4th time!)

i have become addicted to carbs again and i'm sure thats why the slow loss and now i've resorted to doing the medifast program and its STILL not working! no loss.

Sorry to be the downer in the group but i'm not happy and needs some encouragement.

Deborah
Highest 268 / Current Weight 188(6/9/09)  / Goal 130
RNY Dec. 18, 2007
Onderland reached 7/21/08
God is good... All of the time!

Wendi W.
on 11/26/08 2:25 pm - Waukegan, IL

Well, as this coming Friday I am 100lbs lost which is 8 lbs below my personal goal and only 7 lbs from having a normal bmi.  The year has flown by.

While tomorrow is Thanksgiving, dinner is only my hubby, son, daughter, dog, and I.  We have no family in the area, so we never have to deal with the craziness of holidays.  We stay home, in some cases my husband and daughter work.  This is one of the few times a year I do the cooking, most of the time hubby does.  The menu tomorrow is pretty traditional, with Turkey breast, acorn squash, cornbread stuffing, green beans, deviled eggs, and rolls.  Desserts is a cookies and cream pie for my son, and I am making a sugar free pumpking cheesecake mousse pie for me and everyone else. 

I have had no complications, and I can eat just about anything I want.  I have not tried to see if I dump and do not want to know if I do or don't.  I do know that if I eat too much fat or carbs, I get a racing pulse, and then I get really bad gas.  I am now wanting to figure out how to maintain, and truly not loose anymore weight as I am happy of where I am at.

Well all happy holidays....may your season be filled with love, laughter, and family.

Wendi

KellyMASS
on 11/4/08 6:22 am - MA
Hi Jen ,.. I'm 11 months out today!
I think I am doing ok.. I've been stuck at 188-190lbs for a while now.. 2 months or so...
my orignal goal was 180lbs.. but I really thought about it and I changed it to 165lbs. I KNOW I can do it!
good for you with the 10K!!!!.. thats a great goal to have ... I really need to get my ass moving in some way.
~Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

lori B.
on 11/11/08 4:41 am - Madison Heights, MI
Hey Kelly, Just wanted to say congrats to you. My surgery was the day after yours. I went in surgery at 368 and Im now 219. I must say this has been amazingggggg! I was told by my dr b4 surgery that I would get down to 230 220 with the surgery alone. He said the rest I would have to work at. He never did give me a goal. I told him my personal goal is 180- 190. I go in for a upper and lower tummy tuck Jan7th. Im excited and very scared. lol  My weight loss has slowed wayyyy down. Im only losing maybe  1- 2 lbs a month if Im lucky. I really need to start working out more just to see how much more I can lose b4 TT time. You look great!! Congrats too all of us 10-11 mths out. :) We did it!!! Lori :)

kellymb
on 11/13/08 8:14 am - Albuquerque, NM
Hey Lori, I just realized you were talking to me and not KellyMass, duh....had to check the date you were talking about.  Thank you and congrats to you too.  Wow, I'm surprised you're going in for a TT so soon.  I must have read something wrong in my info packet, as I thought I had to wait at least one year after I was at my goal weight to have plastics, as the body is still changing and shifting.  Who is doing your surgery?  Please do let me know how you're doing, as I want to become as educated as possible before I have my own plastics someday.  I appreciate learning from others and what you all are going thru.  Too bad all of us "Dec. '07" people can't get together to celebrate our re-birthdays.  Hope to hear from you again sometime.  Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 609 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 637 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 845 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 896 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 752 views