Better late than never!

erica1979m
on 12/18/09 8:13 am, edited 12/18/09 8:38 am
My family says I'll probably be late to my own funeral but I wasn't gonna claim it until I saw my surgeon today.  Sorry so long but I am just so damn happy...

~A year ago, my diabetes, restless legs, and high blood pressure kept me from being the productive happy mother to my children as well as a active wife and lover. 
~A year ago  my son would draw pictures of our family with me being the same size as the damn sun.  
~A year ago I had another woman encompassing my body with me that didn't pay any bills, do any work but made sure her azz was fed...
~A year ago I could barely look at my face in the mirror without thinking why did I let myself get to this point?
~A year ago I just wanted to be able to walk and play with my children without feeling like my chest would seize up with another step.
~A year ago I prayed that I would be able to follow through with what my surgeon said I could do...

TODAY I am blessed because I am where I needed and prayed I would be!

I am diabetes free or at least in remission, my restless legs are gone, my high blood pressure is gone!!! 
I can run and play with my kids and play even harder with my husband... 
My son now draws pictures where I look like the rest of the family not blown up in cartoonish proportions.
I found the strength and motivation from all of you as well as my husband and kids tp follow what my surgeon says to do and know from reading all of your very helpful posts that I have to stay on my grind.  I am always saying I am in it to win it and I still feel the same way, even more so now since I am very aware that if we slack up what can happen before we even know it. 

I have gone down from a size 24-26 in jeans to mostly 2's and a few scattered 4's (never intended to get to a size, I just wanted a healthy bmi)  I got to where I wanted to be and now after my year appointment my surgeon agees.  He said that my bmi is perfect as far as he is concerned, being that it is in the middle of the spectrum for my height but said if I wanted to lose 5-10 more for bounce back that was fine as well.  I don't want to cushion it I want to maintain!  

I started my journey with my surgeon at 285 and as of their scales this morning, I am at 134.I lost according to the bmi chart a whole 'nother me and an over weight me at that, lol... I am blessed, healthy and happy...I couldn't ask for more.

me now:

My goal 135; current 132;  pre-op highest 285; I have lost more than I weigh...  I my RNY! 
Full TT w/ muscle repair  2/14/12 best valentines gift ever!

Barbara1101
on 12/19/09 12:10 pm
I'm so happy for you and you look amazing!! Reading your story and seeing the after results make me want this so bad. Sometimes it gets hard for me to stay focus, but now I see why I went through with the surgery in the first point.  
jcheryld
on 12/20/09 2:56 am
E... you look amazing! Did you ever imagine that you would  be a size 2 from a 24 year ago? You have taken to your new you so well and look confident, sexy, and happy! You should feel very proud of yourself... I'm proud of how well you've worked your tool!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

moniquefrederick
on 12/21/09 6:39 am - DE
All i can say is y go girl.You look absolutely amazing but more importantly u are healthy! Im so happy for u girl.Huge congrats!!!
GorgeousIsa
on 12/21/09 9:21 pm - Philly-delphia, PA
Congrats on your journey thus far...You look amazing.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
MaryO22
on 12/28/09 9:07 am - roslindale, MA
You look amazing!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1329 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 923 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1494 views
2 year mark