1 year down

WOW_its_Kathy
on 12/20/09 7:24 am - Dublin, OH
my surgery date is 12/16/08... and its been a year now. WOW what a differeance a year has made!  i could not have imagined how i would have looked today from last year and when i look at my before pics and look now after 1 year .. i can't beive either are me ... i want to SHOUT ... OMG LOOK at me ! but i know i have a long way to go even now .. because getting to this point is one thing .. staying here... thats the new challange... there are still more pounds to come off but i get those (a few) who are the ney sayers that are like ooo wait you'll put them back on ... i say NO WAY! i can't let that happen.. does anyone else hear from the ney sayers? how do you respond?
sandy.
on 12/22/09 12:02 am - Jacksonville , NC
The real work is keeping it off.  You are right.  I have not talked to too many negative people about it.  They are supportive.  I have a different dilemma.  People are telling me now that enough is enough and I should stop losing weight.  I don't know what to say.   I am at goal but won't I stop when my body levels out?  I am eating.  I am drinking.  I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.  Is there something I should be changing now that I am where I want to be?  My appt is on 19 January and I know I will be speaking with my doc then but any advise now would be appreciated.
My body does not define who I am but I am trying to define my body.  It  gets easier with every pound I drop. 
Sandy
WOW_its_Kathy
on 12/23/09 7:13 am - Dublin, OH
well i looked at all Your pics and you are looking MARVOLOUS!!!
B. Cessna
on 1/18/10 9:35 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Sandy,
  I get the same thing about my weight, everyone keeps telling me I am too skinny, I am following what I am suppose to do. I think you are right about the leveling out, I have heard that you gain some after you stop losing. Oh well I am healthy & happy! You look wonderful, congrats on your loss!

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

Tom B.
on 12/22/09 8:28 am - Runnemede, NJ
Congrats on your success. Before and after pics are the bomb.

It put everything into perspective for me. I have mine haning on the fridge, as a friendlt reminder of my past. I don't ever want to go back there

I have several people, I hope are joking around with me, when they say I am losing too much wieght. I just smile, take the compliment, and make up some funny remark. so far nobody has given any serious arguments about it. Had some before the surgery, but they seam to have truned around.
Keep up the successful work. Evrybody on here is an inspiration to me.
Weight
Consult/ Sugery/Current/Goal/lost
358.4         347     217    218   141.4
7/31/08 12/18/08-03/24/2010 

Timing is everything.

I sure hope my scale is correct.lol

http://www.myspace.com/f14tcjoe

look me up on Facebook too    
WOW_its_Kathy
on 12/23/09 7:21 am - Dublin, OH
WOW You look GREAT as well .. i THINK Your arms got longer from the pics! .. yeah i tell people i have 20-40 pounds to go and they about faint .. but i think i am do like You did and put the pics on the fridge as a reminder how much i have worked toward this ... thanks for the suggestion!

i know i LOVE looking at the before and after pictures.. it really does make me Smile!
Kristy A.
on 1/27/10 12:54 am - South Burbs, MN
Tom- You gotta update your avatar!  Just saw the picture in your profile, wow, what a difference!

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

Kristy A.
on 12/23/09 8:22 am - South Burbs, MN

Congratulations on all you've accomplished so far. What a great year you've had!

START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

Kristy A.
on 1/27/10 12:57 am - South Burbs, MN
Kathy, congratulations! You've done great!  It is hard keeping it off, and I think it's gonna be hard for me to find the right balance of food and exercise. I really don't want to lose more, but really need to tone. I'd like to lose 1 more size, be a 12 instead of a 14. But I dont want my face to get any thinner.  So far I haven't ecountered anyone suggesting I wont keep it off. Hope I don't, that would be just plain rude!  Congrats again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1329 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 923 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1493 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 841 views