About to cry

greeneyegurl1980
on 1/26/10 11:33 pm - Weirton, WV
I had rny 12/2008 I am a little over a year out. I feel like I have failed and need some advice and direction please..

I have been at a stall at 216 for over2 months...I get on the scale this morning and I have gained 10 lbs.

Has anyone else experienced this?? How much is everyone and what is everyone eating right now?? Please give me sum advice !
Before Surgery: 342
Current: 214
Goal: 160
gtortelli
on 1/27/10 9:41 pm - Bridgeport, OH
Hello again.

I am not close to you because I had my surgery 10/12/2009, however, I hadn't lost a pound since Christmas.  I was stuck up and down from 216 to 212 and then 208 back up to 212.  No matter what I ate I couldn't lose a pound.  My boyfriend got me a gym membership to the YMCA and that was a week and a half ago I weighted in at 205 last night after dinner with my big chunky shoes on.

I don't know if you are working out but it sure helped me out of my plateau.  But walking, doing it at home didn't work for me.  I actually only missed 2 days at the gym and I do a great cardio and it works.  I know when I tried to excercise at home it didn't work.  I stopped all the time or I didn't get my fat butt off the computer.  I am still not eating a lot of meat and I still drink a shake every morning.  I get them at Target, they are called pure protein and the consistency is wonderful.  It's great because it is in a nice cold can and I just take it with  me on my ride into work.

I wish I could help better but this is all I have.

Good luck
Gina
gtortelli
on 1/27/10 9:43 pm - Bridgeport, OH
One more thing.  I have started a support group, I only had one girl respond in Moundsville but she didn't get back to me.  If you want we can meet once a month and discuss what we are doing that works and doesn't.  I would love to talk to someone about my progress and not progress.  I think people are sick of hearing about it and I feel pretty much alone at this point.

Let me know

304-975-0106

Gina
jcheryld
on 1/28/10 10:31 am
Hey there,
Glad you found the December 08 boards. I was just going to see if anyone was still checking in here. I think it's pretty normal to expect a plateau at this point. I had my 1yr follow up and had been slowed to losing 2-3lbs a month for the last couple months and my surgeon said that is normal. I backslid and ate too many carbs (way off plan) for about 4 days and gained a few pounds. I had to go back to basics (protein first, then veggies, then carbs, only 4oz at a time) and I got those few I picked up back off with adding back in my exercise and increased protein and water intake. It is a struggle sometimes but it was an eye opener for me to stay on point if I want continued success! Keep that in mind when you make your choices, too. Best of luck.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

jemma28
on 1/28/10 10:57 pm - Houston, TX
It must be normal (or I'm hoping it is) because I have been stuck at 189 for two months as well.  It doesn't matter how much exercise, protien or vitamins I do....I'm just there.

and it sucks.
Jill

fluffigal
on 2/17/10 1:46 am - MI
Hi:     

I'm so sorry this is distressing you...It is still an ongoing battle.  My lowest weight was 147.4  Now I'm on the up swing and I know EXACTLY WHY!!! I'm not exercising as much and I am NOT eatting the correct foods.  So now I'm 152.4 and was a couple pounds higher during PMS or something I give myself 5 pounds bounce around, but remember I have been higher.  Our weight loss slows alot around the 6 month point.  Please be mindful of the CARBS you eat and make sure sure sure you eat alot protein.  I will say  YOU HAVE NOT FAILED...this is a life long change...lifestyle change...we didnt get overweight in a year and we wish we could all lose it in a year some can some can't but don't stress over it...That makes the cortisol increase and makes the battle against fat even more difficult...Just think how much you've accomplished over the last year...I'm saying this as much to you as I am to myself...Keep in mind YOU LOST 128 POUNDS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  wooo hooo...you may not be where you want to be, but you are definitely in better shape than you were before...RIGHT!!!!  God Bless you....Chin up...and SMILE
Alycia

286/156/144/155    5'5 1/2"
day pre-surg diet started & highest weight/ current/ dr's goal/my goal
ohcardsmalycia.jpg Century card image by fluffigal
Guilt is the Teacher, Love is the Lesson
Joan Borysenko
sandy.
on 3/2/10 11:17 pm - Jacksonville , NC
I was 311 lbs when I started out.  I am now 128 lbs.  I had my RNY 12/22/08.  I have not always eaten correctly but I swear by the exercise.  A few months back, I still had about 20lbs to lose and was having trouble losing them.  I upped my elliptical from 35-45 minutes to 1 hr.  I do this 6 days a week while still doing my 1 hr of weight training.  I am at the gym for 2 hrs, 5 to 6 days a week.   Now that I am trying to maintain, I lowered my elliptical time to 45 mins.  I know this will slow the weight loss down if not stop it all together.    With out these workouts, I doubt that I would be where I am now,  I am 52 yrs old and have no kids at home.  My youngest is away at college.  So, I have time for this.  I don't know if I could have done it when the kids were home.  I am lucky enough never to have gained weight during this process.  Again, I think it has to do with going to the gym.  anyway, that is my take on things.  Good luck and let us know when things turn around for you!
My body does not define who I am but I am trying to define my body.  It  gets easier with every pound I drop. 
Sandy
Kristi K.
on 4/30/10 1:20 am - Green Lane, PA
I have been at a plateau for 8 months!  Weird, but I can almost pinpoint the exact week my "honeymoon" period was over-and since then I bounce up and down by 8 or 9 lbs. I need to lose 20 more pounds to be in the "normal" range BMI, but I would personally be happy to lose only 10 more and KEEP IT OFF! I exercise daily-1 hour at the gym w/cardio and strength training. I measure everything, I journal. I have upped my daily fluid intake from 100 oz to 180 (per nutritionist's advice), hoping this will help me not be so HUNGRY all the time. My surgeon considers me a success and says I did way better than average, but I am not satisfied. This is so hard now but I will achieve my goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1329 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 923 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1494 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 841 views