Just curious

erica1979m
on 4/29/10 3:29 am
This board seems to be really dead now but I figured I'd take a shot from lurk mode.  How many of us are starting to look into plastics and how many of us are at maintenance now?  I am trying to get something done for my tummy and girls.  I am maintaining within 5 pounds up and down now so I think that I am starting to stabilize.  How are you guys doing?   I know we all started at different weights but I feel that we all have succeeded in improving our lives so chime in and tell us how y'all are doing!
My goal 135; current 132;  pre-op highest 285; I have lost more than I weigh...  I my RNY! 
Full TT w/ muscle repair  2/14/12 best valentines gift ever!

Stacey M.
on 5/6/10 4:08 am - Fargo, ND
I am having the excess skin removed from my stomach area on Tuesday and I am very nervous about it.  I have lost 168 pounds so far. That is all I am having done at this point because my doctor got it approved from my insurance company.  I would really like to get at least my arms and breast done at some point but not sure if that will ever happen.  I have slowed down in losing but still have a few more pounds I would like to get rid of so we will see what happens after this surgeryCongrats on the maintaining!!
Diamond Girl
on 5/7/10 5:16 am - Ham Lake, MN
 Great post!

I am minus 165 pounds and just when I think I'm in maintenance mode, the scale moves down a little, but I hope this is where my body is good at because I'm starting to fill my closet back up. LOL

I could use a breast lift & augmentation, brachio, LBL, and panni removal. But, my insurance won't touch any of it since it would all be cosmetic at this point. Therefore, just trying like mad not to let it bother me. I try not to care, but truth is, I do and as much as I wish for it not be an issue anymore since I'm not MO, the loose/hanging skin brings on it's on set of demons in a way.

I've had my mornings where I stand in the shower, letting the ho****er pound down on me and I find myself hoping and praying that it MELTS the excess skin right off. Sad, eh?

But overall, I have loved my journey and I certainly am thankful I did this!

jcheryld
on 5/10/10 11:11 pm
I agree, great post! I've been maintaining for a few months and recently just dropped another 5 which I'd like to keep off  give me some room for the "bounceback" I keep hearing about. I got a consult for an arm lift and customized procedure (a back tuck) and the quote I got was $11K. One thng the PS told me is that my arms wouldn't get as small as I want them to be... so why pay all that and then be less than satisfied? So for now I'm just going to be happy, celebrating the new me until I hit a little mini jackpot

Congrats to all of us for our success we've achieved!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

GorgeousIsa
on 5/11/10 2:20 am - Philly-delphia, PA
Hey... I am @ 153 w/ 3 lbs to goal until I reach my goal weight (141 lbs lost thus far)... I am having a breast lift this Friday (insurance is covering) and I am having an extended TT w/ Anchor and arm lift on 05/29 which I am paying for. I am VERY comfortable at my weight and size right now BUT have to see 150 which I will soon. Congrats on ur success thus far.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
Diamond Girl
on 5/11/10 6:28 am - Ham Lake, MN
 Your PS doesn't require a year or two of maintenance before the TT and brachio?
Wow! Our PS's in MN are picky.

bean111
on 7/23/10 7:33 am
I am down to a size 8 from a 24.  I gave you my size because I haven't lost anymore weight since January but have lost 2 sizes since then.  I would like to lose 20 more pounds, but we'll see.  I think if I had a body lift the extra skin would be the 20 pounds I need off.  I work out at least 4 times a week and have found a new addiction - exercise (guess it's better then food).   I fluctuate by 3 pounds - I'm sure it's water weight, not worried as my clothes always fit well.  I don't know how to get my HMO to pay for a body lift or tummy tuck, I KNOW the girls won't ever get fixed, so I wear great bras that help them look the way they used to.  I've been off this board for some time but decided to come lurk as you did. 
indykitty
on 8/5/10 2:38 am
Wow, you all have done so great!  Does anyone care to share their experience with PS? I am starting to considering looking into it, but I still have about 40 pounds to lose and I've been on a heck of a longgggg.... I mean LONGGGGG.... stall.  I hope it's just a stall, but I have had some health issues that kept me from working out as much as I would like to and need to so maybe as I'm getting better I can start to build some muscle. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1329 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 923 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1494 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 841 views