Recent Posts

redhatgal
on 7/28/14 6:49 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: How to get back on the Bandwagon?

I have been stalled for months.  I am not following the rules and I have gained back 15 pounds.  Has any one been in similar situation?  I was banded at 385.  Lowest weight was 301.  Now at 316.  Would appreciated suggestions.  

mickey3810
on 12/27/11 4:00 am - cedar key, FL
Topic: RE: Getting back on track!!!
i was doing well maintaining but in the last year i have put on 15 lbs, i wasnt quite as low as i wanted to be before that so now i realy need to get back to work!! no tipe except what we already  know....be careful of the carbs, make sure you get in all your protein & water & last but not least...vits!! good luck

the only way up is to stop looking down!!

edwardtm
on 12/26/11 8:46 pm - Dayton, OH
Topic: RE: Approaching my 3 year mark
Thank you!!!
Remember Weight Loss Surgery is a Tool.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wILpnWT/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wILpnWT/blk-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Diamond Girl
on 12/26/11 1:37 pm - Ham Lake, MN
Topic: RE: Approaching my 3 year mark
 Happy belated Surgiversary Switch-Sistah!!!

edwardtm
on 10/21/11 1:37 am - Dayton, OH
Topic: Approaching my 3 year mark
I have been doing well for the past 2 and a half year with my surgery and weight loss.  I have not had any major problems and I have been able to keep taking all my vitamins.  I get my blood work done at least once a year and have adjust my vitamins and supplements as directed.  As I approach my 3 years I have begun to be abe to eat more and have been eating really badly.  I need to refocus now before I start gaining and then become ina panic mode.  I knew from the beginning that eat small meals several times a day or eating what I can when I could, would get me all messed up but I just have to refocus becasue I know that I will not be losing at the rate I started out.  I figured it has been half the amount each year.  S0 i lost about 120 pounds the first year, about 55 pounds the second year and I am about 43 pounds right now.  I figure by next year this time I will probably loose about anothe 21 to 30 pounds.  I will have to focus on that and not worry about anything else.  I am going to have to step up the pace of my exercise program.  My water aerobics class may have to go by the wayside and I may start with some zumba or floor aerobics and maybe even some weight training.  I will get back on track!
[/url]

edwardtm
on 10/21/11 1:25 am - Dayton, OH
Topic: RE: goal weight
Congratulations on reaching your goal weight.  I just reached my goal weight and have now changed my goal weight.  I have lost a total of 218 pounds; more than half of what I use to weight.  I wish you the best at keeping it off.  That is more of a concern for me than losing the weight.
[/url]

blisandt
on 5/26/11 4:54 pm - MA
Topic: RE: any ideas??
Sounds like a tough scene... I do some TVP - textured vegetable protein - on a little peanut butter on crackers for my breakfast every day... with a few raisins on top... TVP is trick to find, but tasteless and healthy... it's made by Bob Redmills and it's usually the ONE kind not in the glutenfree section where all the other B R stuff is... but keep looking and asking... and keep working at it!

Highest: 324
Initial Consult: 315
Start of PreOpDiet: 301
Op Date (12/9/08): 286
08/26/09: ONDERLAND
MD's Goal: 188
Lap RNY and Lap Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder) date: 12/09/08
Saababy
on 2/25/11 9:42 am - Templeton, MA
Topic: any ideas??
I had a RNY in Dec. of 2008 and have a variety of problems of complications but I have learned to live with them.  The biggest problem I have had to face is a complete inability to eat any and all meat.  I do not like any seafood so my eating options are very limited, as I am sure you can tell. 
For the past week however, I have been fighting some very unusual problems and I hope someone here can give me some advice.  Since last Monday I have had horrible diarrhea and gas everytime I eat.  I tried not eating solid foods for a couple of days and it calmed down.  I thought it was over so I started eating again.  It wasn't over!!  The diarrhea and gas started all over again but now it is joined with vomiting at the same time.  I also have had a great deal of pain in my pouch/chest area and upper back.  I had those before and had to have an ERCP to get rid of stones and sludge in the common bile ducts.  I have no idea if those are all related or not but it is not fun. 
Since it is Friday night now I can't contact my surgeon until Monday.  I am trying really hard to stay hydrated but I am getting a little bit nervous.
Thanks for whatever help you can give me.
TTFN (TAA TAA FOR NOW)   SAABABY!
jcthinagain
on 2/24/11 12:14 pm - San Jose, CA
Barb,

How are you doing with your proteind drinks?  are you seeing any results... I am getting focused again.  Today, I realized how many food/soda changes I need to make.

bzlatich
on 2/5/11 8:46 am - Kennewick, WA
julia

your not the only one, i had my RYN on 12-16-08, and lost 139 pounds and then had a very bad emotional year last year and gained 30s pounds back so i feel your pain, I'm currently trying to lose at least 20 pounds of that I was alittle thin a year ago, but currently working on eating better, exercise has never been my friend, i now that i need to but i dont very often.

i'm going to go back on the protein drinks and vitamins and try not eating too much until i lose the 20s pounds that i want to lose, now i have a new goal to lose it before the OH event.

sorry i dont have any great tips, but i better now that i wrote this and seen it in writing.

barb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1329 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 923 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1494 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 841 views