I don't think I get dumping (how do you know?)

indycindy
on 1/4/10 1:28 am
Hi everyone!  I had my surgery on 12/16/09, but I was at home until now and my internet connection was messed up, so I couldn't post until now that I am back at work.

Thanks for all of the well wishes before my surgery - I was SOOOOOO scared.

I ate a few bites of cake with icing on Christmas (stupid, I know) and nothing happened - the next day, I tried just the icing, bc I wanted to see if anything would happen - nothing did - I haven't had any sweets since then, but I don't think I get the dumping - not sure whether to be happy about that or not, but I was wondering for those of you who DO get dumping, how much sugar does it take?  And would I know FOR SURE that I was dumping - I mean I didn't FEEL good after I had the cake, but I didn't feel sick in any way - just sort of blah, if that makes any sense.  

I kind of hope that I DO have the dumping bc that's why I chose this surgery over lapband - I have a serious issue with ice cream! 
myksark
on 1/7/10 2:49 pm
Hi there My surgery was the same day!
I haven't had any dumping either, I can eat 1/3 cup of my hot cereal and I don't get that stuffed feeling,  I haven't tried any sweets but I am loving the SF popsicles when I get that urge to munch.

what are you doing to exercise these 3 weeks, I am down 22 pounds how are you doing?

indycindy
on 1/7/10 10:51 pm
Hi Mark - I think I've lost about 22 pounds too - Im trying to to weight myself very often, so I might be off by a pound of two either way.  I can eat more of some things than others....it just depends - for example, I can eat only about 1/8 cup of refried beans, but I can eat close to 1/2 cup of split pea soup.  I'm finally starting to feel normal again - I had a lot of pain last weekend and had to have a CT which showed a pocked of infection under one of the incisions - but I got antibiotics and am fine now.  

Good luck to you!!
brandi1973
on 1/11/10 9:24 am
I had my surgery on 12/15. I don't know if i have dumping syndrome but i get awful diahrhea after certain foods (i know sorry TMI). And its not even sugar. I got sick on day after a piece of cheese so i stopped eating that brand. and then another day from chicken and veggies that I had put soy sauce in only at a mongolian bbq place, not sure what it was that made me sick since I controlled the items. I get cramps too. I'm assuming mild form of dumping. I'm too scared to eat sugar to find out what dumping is!
nymomof2
on 1/26/10 7:12 am
Lap Band on 12/09/09 with
I had my surgery on 12/9. I haven't had dumping either.  The most I've experienced is what's been referred to as the "slimeys", if I eat something to fast or to dry it plays elevator in my throat and my mouth gets filled with saliva... sorry if that sounds gross. 
As far as getting full, I've felt that I don't get full either, but I do stop when I'm comfortable.  I see my surgeon tomorrow so I'm not sure if he's going to want to do a fill being I've lost 24.5 lbs. From what I've read on this site that most Dr's don't like to do fills if they see your losing weight, I'll guess I'll find out tomorrow.

~TONI ANN~
Proud mommy to 2 beautiful
boys!

Maura M.
on 3/21/10 12:26 pm - Yardley, PA
I had surgery on 12/15 - I have had two "episodes" that I think were dumping, but I am not sure either - One of them was after eating out at a restaurant - I had a half of a hamburger and 4 fries (off of my husbands plate) - I wound up having to stay close to the facilities for about an hour - hit me about 1 hour after eating - I think that was from too much fat.  The second time, I think it was from sugar alchohols - I had a protein bar by thinkthin - 9g of sugar alcohols and I didn't think I would make it home - I felt very sick to my stomach within 20 minutes of eating it - again, I had to stay close to the facilities for about and hour.

I haven't tried anything sugary either - I have had things higher in natural sugar, like no sugar added fruit spread (sweetened with fruitjuice) and have been fine..
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 898 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 906 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1109 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1036 views