Weight Loss Graduate - Dec 2009 - Update

Teresa D.
on 4/12/13 11:21 pm - Peachland, NC

I had surgery on Dec 18, 2009. I lost 110 pounds.  To date I have regained 18 pounds.  Frankly I don't think this amount is that bad, however I do want to do something about it.  Back in December last year doc started me on a new antidepressant, Lexapro.  I can tell this has caused my want to eat increase.  I guess if you feel better, you want to eat.  I lost my job of 35 years last August so I was not in the best mental state.  I am better now.  Looking for work.  I guess what I am trying to say is when something life-altering happens to you, it affects you in many ways.  Now, my eating has increased, but I do not put anything in my mouth I shouldn't.  Just eating more of the things that I should.  Been eating a LOT of fruit.  I hate to exercise...!!!  My husband is an avid walker.  I need to find something that I like to do that will get me off my tush. 

If any of you weight lossers out there have any pointers for me...would love to hear from you.  Is there something that can counter-act the Lexapro's affect on my appetite?  Something natural.  I remember the obese days, and I DO NOT want to go there. 

Thanks for listening.

Teresa D.    
bubbylucy
on 11/12/13 10:12 pm - Raleigh, NC

Wow I had my suregery just a day before you. I lost 125 and gained back 20 which I needed to so I am happy at the weight I am now. As for exercise I hate it also!!!!! I take Zoloft and it has not affected my weight at all. There are lots of antidepressent/antianxiety drugs on the market maybe you could try a different one. I would cut down on the fruit intake as that is a lot of sugar, I try to snack on more veggies like edamame. I also eat things that satisay while taking work and longer to eat like sunflower seeds unsalted but in the shell.

Wish you well

Audra

Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 899 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 908 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1110 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1037 views