Recent Posts

bubbylucy
on 11/12/13 10:12 pm - Raleigh, NC
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Graduate - Dec 2009 - Update

Wow I had my suregery just a day before you. I lost 125 and gained back 20 which I needed to so I am happy at the weight I am now. As for exercise I hate it also!!!!! I take Zoloft and it has not affected my weight at all. There are lots of antidepressent/antianxiety drugs on the market maybe you could try a different one. I would cut down on the fruit intake as that is a lot of sugar, I try to snack on more veggies like edamame. I also eat things that satisay while taking work and longer to eat like sunflower seeds unsalted but in the shell.

Wish you well

Audra

Teresa D.
on 4/12/13 11:21 pm - Peachland, NC
Topic: Weight Loss Graduate - Dec 2009 - Update

I had surgery on Dec 18, 2009. I lost 110 pounds.  To date I have regained 18 pounds.  Frankly I don't think this amount is that bad, however I do want to do something about it.  Back in December last year doc started me on a new antidepressant, Lexapro.  I can tell this has caused my want to eat increase.  I guess if you feel better, you want to eat.  I lost my job of 35 years last August so I was not in the best mental state.  I am better now.  Looking for work.  I guess what I am trying to say is when something life-altering happens to you, it affects you in many ways.  Now, my eating has increased, but I do not put anything in my mouth I shouldn't.  Just eating more of the things that I should.  Been eating a LOT of fruit.  I hate to exercise...!!!  My husband is an avid walker.  I need to find something that I like to do that will get me off my tush. 

If any of you weight lossers out there have any pointers for me...would love to hear from you.  Is there something that can counter-act the Lexapro's affect on my appetite?  Something natural.  I remember the obese days, and I DO NOT want to go there. 

Thanks for listening.

Teresa D.    
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/10 4:17 am
Topic: RE: 6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
I'm here-I had RNY in December and have been through lots of changes health and emotional since. It is good to share views,ups and downs with others who are going through the same things. I would be happy and honored to be your friends!
Brenda
Tammygm
on 7/23/10 7:50 am - MS
Topic: RE: No longer Obese!
Congrats!! Me too! I went from Severely Obese to Overweight in 7 months!! Yeah for us!! :)
sudemo09
on 7/6/10 3:31 pm - Dover, NH
Topic: No longer Obese!

As of 7/3, I am just 'Overweight'

Love my RNY!

FabBy50 .
on 7/2/10 4:27 pm - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: I went dancing...
Now those are some WOW moments! Congrats to you!!!!
tammy_t
on 6/23/10 9:34 am

I had my gastric bypass on 12-17-09. I was 326 lbs at surgery and today am 215 lbs!! Yeah me!! Some days are very hard.... wish I could eat ice cream . But, other days are amazing!!! The compliments from the most random people are well accepted!! But, there are downers too. The "girls" are sagging lowww. But, my husband doesn't say a thing.. thank goodness! He's there to support me in this rollercoaster adventure! Wish I could get more cardio.. that is my downfall so far. I'm running all over the place with my kids.. even have been to the public swimming pool a few times this summer... WOW. And my ten year old son keeps taking pictures of me... which I would have never done before. Loving life! ANYONE who needs to be a "friend", I love support and I love giving it!!

Tere O.
on 6/20/10 6:00 am, edited 6/20/10 6:02 am - West Saint Paul, MN
Topic: I went dancing...
I was at a wedding last night and danced until the cows came home.  So I had a Wow moment or two.

#1   I danced a slow dance with my husband and was able to stand so close that my legs actually could intertwine with his...like it should be!  Woo hoo!  Sexxxxxyyy!

#2  I danced a line dance...the Cha Cha Slide...and was able to do the whole thing - got down to the floor and back up again, hopped 5 times, and lasted 6.27 minutes while wanting more!!!

What are your Wow moments from this week?

...     ...             ...  ...                

Chrissy D.
on 6/14/10 1:55 pm - Canada
It always amazes me how women can be so united despite being so physically far away, and I am so glad that I sign on and talk to new people when I feel lonely.

Thanks for being there girls!
Chrissy D

48 years old and shrinking by the pound!

Tere O.
on 6/14/10 12:57 pm - West Saint Paul, MN
Retta,

Honey you seem like you are hitting tough times though you have dropped a significant amount of weight!  I would really like it if you were "friends" with me, and I would like to be there for you to encourage you...or help when I can.

Why is it that 30 miles is too far?  In the summer, wouldn't it be well worth the zip up there for coffee and a generous portion of support? 

I know what you mean about every pound shows... I am 5'2-1/2".  Why does the doctor say only the to 244?  Age, heart?  What?

I leave you with this...the greatest journey is the one we travel within.

Take care! 

...     ...             ...  ...                

Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 899 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 908 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1110 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1037 views