Dec. 22

mominkaty
on 12/16/10 2:24 pm - Houston, TX
Vacillating between excitement and sheer terror, partly fueled by the long list of potential complications listed on the sheet given to me at my pre-admit. appointment. I know they have to list everything just in case, but I found myself looking everything up online to see what it was.

Luckily, I'm confident in my surgeon. Even emailed him with a long list of questions along the lines of "what if this happens," "what's the likelihood of this happening,", etc. He emailed me back within 2 hours!

Anyone else starting to hyperventilate a little?
CherylJ.
on 12/18/10 4:38 am - MA
Hi there!

I'm right there with you... my surgery date (for lap band) is scheduled on the 23rd of December, and I find myself being completely jazzed one hour, to near panic the next!  I think it's the same for me, too... delving into that world of the unknown... not knowing how you're going to fare when you come out on the other side!  I know this is going to sound a bit silly, but I'm actually really relieved to know that you can eat ANYTHING you want after the recovery period, and that you just won't want to eat so much 'cause you'll fill up really quickly.  To me, that really is the best of both worlds... knowing I can still have little nibbles of some of my favorite things now and again, so I won't feel completely deprived.

I'm here for ya, sistah... we can shout hurray and ring our hands in anxiety at the same time together! :)
ksleco
on 12/27/10 3:24 pm
RNY on 12/22/10 with
How are you doing? I had my surgery (lap rny) on dec. 22 as well.  What are you eating so far?
Most Active
Recent Topics