12/15 How is Everyone Else Doing?

Gracetoheal
on 12/28/10 3:33 am
I'm almost 2 weeks out.  Feeling very up and down. 

Went to the mall today to price treadmills.  Felt so very fat and uncomfortable.  I know the weight loss happens fast but not fast enough at the moment.   Dreading going back to work next week.  Feel unprepared to pack and organize all I need for the day away from home.  I'm so very moody.

Anyone else?
Kelley_D
on 12/28/10 11:59 am - TX
Sounds like me lol.

Kathyproctor
on 12/31/10 9:12 pm - Powderly, TX
RNY on 12/21/10 with
I'm 11 days out and moody because  my weight loss has stopped.. I'll gain 2 pounds through the day and then it's back off the next morning.. When I first came home, I was losing a pound a day but now, it's stopped. I keep thinking that when I was on commercial diets and would quit losing for 2 weeks, I would go back to binge eating.. How long before I start seeing the weight come off again..

I go back to work this monday 1-3-11 but, I am excited about getting back to work where my "support" group is.

My mother n law brought over bodacious bbq last night. I kind of sneaked some brisquet, chewed it up, sucked out the juices and then spit out the meat. (I'm such a bad person)

waitingwaiting
on 1/6/11 3:10 am - Dublin, GA
 I have done the same thing!!! But I think I'm finally over missing food...
Terri.FA
on 1/2/11 3:15 am - IN
My surgery was 12/28, I can relate to the ups and downs. I am doing really well as far as the surgery part but I am up a few pounds and down a few pounds everyday. We just have to keep reminding ourselves that we have had MAJOR surgery and our bodies are still in shock. Getting back to work or some kind of routine will get our minds on other things and the weight will come off. I also worry about getting the organization done with working full time but its going to be trial and error, dont be so hard on yourself. I would be happy to be someone you can vent to and we can work each kink out with sharing ideas, if interested.  Keep your head up and try to relax, dont be so hard on yourself, everyone keeps telling me "its a journey" . Lets keep in touch
Gracetoheal
on 1/2/11 8:18 am
I managed to NOT weigh myself today.  My husband keeps saying, "It's a marathon, not a sprint."  It's helping me gain perspective. 

I did go to the thrift store today and picked up a couple of really cool skirts.  Not sure if/when I'll fit in them but it was good to get out of the house an dream a little.

What did everyone eat today? 

Breakfast - egg substitute/veggie sausage
lunch - tuna/chickpeas
dinner - cod

Not all my vitamins got in today, trying to figure it out for 1st day back at work tomorrow.  Having a hard time with my snacks as well. 

Marathon...
waitingwaiting
on 1/6/11 3:09 am - Dublin, GA
 Back at work and feeling much better than I was before Dec 16th. It no longer hurts to walk and my feet are no longer swollen!!! My energy level is better and I went to Zumba last night! Going to water aerobics tonight. I do get sad at time, because I miss my friend (Food)!!! But, oh wells, cause they had to go!!! 
BettyBoop238
on 1/7/11 3:11 am - NY
I just went back to work 2 weeks ago and it gets hard to follow the same routine as home. we have to realized that there will be times things will get in our ways but we have to deal with it as best as we can. keep it moving someday are better and some arent. I was doin good while I was drinking liquids only now I am eating and feel guilty of everything I eat and afraid I going to gain weight but that just me being paronoid.
Gracetoheal
on 1/6/11 7:33 am
Yes, I'm back at work as well.  Teaching Kindergarten makes for a VERY full day.  Amazed at this no hunger thing.  Still having a hard time around 9 o'clock when the kids are in bed, thinking about pizza and chips and all things carbs.  Hope I'm getting all my proteins but not freaking out about it.  Still harboring the secret feeling that I am not going to loose weight. 
ginnywinks
on 1/6/11 8:33 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
I was feeling great, not hungry had energy.  This week I am exhausted all day.  I am getting my protein and I don't feel like I have any restriction.  It has been the past 2 days.  Up until then, I felt restriction.  I am not losing any more either.  I just started puree's this week too, so not sure if that is a contributing factor.
I cannot shake the feeling that I am going to fail at this too.  My surgeon uses a 32F, so I shouldn't be able to eat that much, but feel like I did today.
Anyway, think just writing it down seems to make it more real.

Most Active
Recent Topics