Severe Cramps - Mid & Upper back pain

Kathyproctor
on 1/20/11 8:57 pm - Powderly, TX
RNY on 12/21/10 with
Well, I have learned something new today... Just because the books say it is normal to have a bowel movement 1-2 a week is not always the case.

I called my doctors office last week because I was having severe cramps in my abdomen, nausea but no vomiting and really bad back pain in my mid and upper back. They have scheduled me another scope for the 25th of this month.

I had a co worker come in and ask me how often I was having bowel movements.. Told him 1 to 2 times a week. He shook his head and said NO, If you have water and food going straight through your system and not sitting in a stomache for hours on end then you should be going more than that so.....

I figured it would not hurt anything to dose myself up on some Milk of Magnesia and suppositories.

By the next morning.. I had crapped out 2 lbs.

Usually the pains would start around 3-4 in the evening but, last night I did not have a pain or cramp one. I am so thankful to my co-workers for looking out for me.

Now I just need to call my doctors office and let them know that I have fixed my problem. So, for any of you out there that are having stomach cramps, nausea and possible back pain.. check into how many times you are having bowel movements.

Most Active
Recent Topics