Oh my achy tailbone!!

Kathyproctor
on 1/30/11 12:57 pm - Powderly, TX
RNY on 12/21/10 with
For about 2 weeks now my tailbone has been killing me when I sit down.

I looked it up online and.. after losing so much weight, we lose the padding around our tailbone. Sometimes I think I'm gonna lose my whole butt after I get up out of a chair.

I read that the best thing for it is a blow up donut ring found at most pharmacy's to sit on.

I have heard that some people have had cortizone shots put in their tailbone to stop the pain and others have said that eventually the pain will go away..

Is anyone else having problems with pain in their tailbone?

KelliT
on 1/31/11 5:52 am
mine only hurt during recovery, I had an emergency surgery day after my rny, so my recovery was longer than normal, sooo i was sitting so much, but now its ok.

elaynew
on 4/17/11 10:44 am - Mohegan Lake, NY
YES!! I thought I was the only one!! I work in customer service so I sit all day and my tailbone hurts constantly!! Maybe i should consider one of those pillows but I am embarrassed. :-(

shblack
on 7/2/11 8:35 am
OMG - I am glad I am not the only one.  I thought it was in my head but everytime I have a long flight or have to sit in long meetings, I am in so much pain I can barely walk.  I usually have to start out slowly and go for a long walk to get rid of the pain.

Sherry
272/258/160  Goal on 8/30/2011
Currentlly below goal at 140!!
SpankyVybez
on 10/23/11 3:37 am - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 03/01/11 with
my tailbone seems to be protruding and it is killing me.  I am gonna purchase a ****yx cushion because I heard that is better than the donut pillows. 

I am embarassed to go to the doctor but if it doesnt get better soon., I may have to anyway.  it has been well over am month.

Denial delays progress and resolution                
Lucky2talk2
on 11/22/11 8:41 am - Renton, WA
 Yes, this has happened to me to.  My weight loss before surgery was 110 lbs, and it hurt then to.  For a small time frame in the last few months it seemed to stop hurting so much and I thought it was going away.  However in the last few weeks it has been hurting a lot again.  I usually joke about it, it seems like I have grown a tail bone that wants to wag or something.  Shifting helps a little but sometimes is more painful while trying to shift. 
I hope that it goes away again!  
( it is good to hear that this is somewhat a normal thing to expect, but not that I am liking the pain)

I have two different types of donuts and have found a cushion (not all cushions have helped) works, it took time to find the right one. 

rayjack12
on 1/6/12 8:09 am
Yep!  Me, too.  It only happens when I try to slump down in a chair though.  

Also...my knees..on the inside..have bruises.  I sleep on my side at night so my knees are one on top of the other.  My knees are so bony that it makes a bruise on the other knee!!  LOL!

But you know what...I'll take it!
Mymamona1
on 2/18/11 6:03 am - AZ
Mine hurts when I'm out for a movie or sitting for a long period visiting at a restaurant. I joke with my kids that I've lost weight in both sets of cheeks...YIKES! My aching hiney...

Most Active
Recent Topics