Didn't know this forum was here - HELLO

Rhie P.
on 5/5/11 6:03 am
Hi....everyone.  I didn't even know this forum was here=)  I'm Rhietta.....had RNY in December.....started at 225 day of surger....right now at 5.5 months out....I'm down 51lbs.....very slow frustrated loser...but I'm losing.....

Rhie

kimba11869
on 5/11/11 5:31 am
WElcome,, Im glad your here,,, :)

Hw 285 Sw 271 Cw 149 Gw 160
Scheduled for Tummy Tuck Dec 3, 2011

ndgirl1
on 6/2/11 6:33 am
Hi!
I had my RNY surgery Dec. 1st of last year and started at 237.  I am now 179 and losing.  You are doing great with the weight loss.  I am actually kind of glad mine has slowed down the lower I get.  I figured it would be better for my skin in the long run- less sagging. The goal the doctor gave me is 157. Don't be frustrated and good luck!!! 

A new beginning, a new life!
dsettle
on 6/3/11 4:12 am - Gurnee, IL
Hello,
I just found this forum!  I also had my surgery last December.  December 8th to be exact.  I am 95lbs lost at this time.  I have not weighed in this week yet. 
My weight seems to go in spurts.  Some weeks it is slow, and some it seems to fly off of me.  Not sure where the rest of you are, but I am still losing some hair.  I get frustrated when I wa****  I am afraid I will be bald soon.  I have been taking my Biotin daily so I am hoping that is helping.
I hope all have a good day
Debbie

syrboobaby
on 6/7/11 3:56 am - Syracuse, NY
Hi!

Things slowed down for me for about a month when I hit the 70lb loss mark, but just this week I've started losing again which has motivated me to get off my butt!

It's slower than it was, but I'm not complaining!!  :D

Hope all you December-ites are well!!

Rhonda

Lara_N
on 7/13/11 4:22 am - Searcy, AR
Hi, everyone! I didn't know this board was here either! I had RNY on 12/22/10. I have my "6-month followup" tomorrow, but it will really be almost 7 months post op. From my highest of 380 I have now lost 120 lbs, but I think the more you have to lose the more quickly you lose at first. I think you're doing great. I know about the frustrating part, but just write down all of your non-scale victories and look at your before pics. I can't WAIT to be under 200 again one day.

The last three months have been much slower than the first four, so I'm getting used to that. The problem now is that I can't even imagine being smaller than I am right now. I haven't been this size for almost 20 years. I'm about the size I remember allllllllways being. That's a mental hurdle I'm facing right now.

Well, just wanted to say and introduce myself. I'm going to try to check in every few days to see what's going on with folks on here. It helped me so much those first few weeks to know I wasn't alone!

Lara (pronounced like drive the car-uh)
(in central Arkansas)

Susie A.
on 7/21/11 6:12 am - Palm Coast, FL

Like everyone else didn't know about this forum. I think it's something OH has done recently. I'm Susie. I've ventured away from OH for the past couple of months, and have found my way back. This was my life line the first 3 months after surgery. I'm ashamed I put my support on the back burner. That being said, I find I'm still a food addict, and can eat a bag of popcorn in 1 setting. I don't think I should be able to do that. I have days where my pouch is grouchy though, and doesn't want any food. I'll drink my protein on those days. Hair loss is HORRIBLE. I swear I could wig a small head after I shampoo! The front of my hair is where I see it. My temples and the top. I see a lot of scalp. I've taken biotin everyday since surgery, and really hope that helps with the regrowth. Does anyone know when we stop shedding?
I hope you guys continue to post, and we get a big group of people. Take care everyone. I look forward to reading your posts!!

Starting Weight - 286

Most Active
Recent Topics