Does anyone feel skinny?

elaynew
on 5/8/12 9:57 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
I know that I have done pretty well for myself - Today is my surgiversary of 1 year and 5 months and I have lost 174 lbs. I am definately just about done losing and am only 12 lbs from my goal (although if I stay where I am I'm ok with that 'cause I am much healthier now then I was before but we all know that )

My question is - am I ever going to feel skinny? Does anyone else feel skinny?

I think a lot of it still has to do with the loose skin also 'cause it still looks like I have a gut (under a shirt) because I do - a gut of loose skin lol. And I'm very self conscious of the skin on my legs.

I am 5'4" and 162 lbs. I wear a medium dress, size 10 pants (although an 8 would fit my waist but not over my legs cause of the skin) and a medium-large shirt (depending on the cut). I definately feel better about myself but I just don't know if I'll ever look in the mirror and consider myself skinny.

BuckeyeGirl
on 6/24/12 7:55 am - TN
I am not sure if I will ever feel skinny. I'm 5'11" and 168 lbs, but I usually wear a medium dress too. I can see my ribs, my shoulder blades stick way out, my collar bones stick way out, and I can feel the bones and joints in my shoulders...it's odd. Very odd.

Today I fit into an XS top at Banana Republic and bought 2 size S tops there. But, no, I don't feel skinny. I feel thinner than I was, but I still feel chunky at times. I think its the excess skin. I'll seek out plastics one of these days and I think I may feel skinny after that. Who knows though.

Best,
Lindsey

Lucky2talk2
on 9/20/12 10:02 pm - Renton, WA
I am still in my journey to goal. I know that I have weight to lose. In comparison to where I was, I hear people tell me... OMG you look so good and so skinny. I laugh because I know I am not skinny, but rather just from where I was I am. I am not sure when I will feel skinny. I do beleive that we are our own worst critiques. There will always be someone that is skinnier than we are that may make us feel fat.

We all know the work it has taken to get this far! Yes, we are skinnier than we were fat.

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Most Active
Recent Topics