ANYONE 12/12 SURGERY DATE!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 8:42 am
LOOKING FOR FRIENDS THAT HAVE A SURGERY DATE OF 12/12.. I WILLLIKE TO KEEP IN CONTACT WITH PEOPLE FROM THIS DATE SO THAT WE CAN HELP AND TALK TO EACHOHTER ABOUT OUR CONCERNS!! 
THANKS, GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!!
ducie77
on 12/9/11 11:46 pm - TX
 Hey! I am having surgery on the 12th! I am so excited, nervous, the whole nine yards! 

But just yesterday, my throat started itching and have a lil cold or allergy thing going!
Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
Mandylala12
on 12/15/11 4:43 am - TN
I got sleeved on the 12th! I'd love to hear how you're doing. I'm struggling!
Cgroaning
on 12/16/11 1:52 am - Penngrove, CA

Hi everyone, I got sleeved on the 12th at 7:30am and was able to come home on the 15th. I had to stay a few extra days because I got a high fever. My doctor ordered an upper GI and everything looked great so he said the reason was now walking enough and drinking my fluids. So I had to be on antibiotics and IV liquids.  Dr. Jossart was in constant communication with my nurses. If you are scheduled to have surgery with him you wil;l be in great hands. A word of advise to anyone who did not have surgery yet ..... Make sure you walk and drink your liquids. You will be on many pain killers so you will be sleepy but make sure you get up an walk. Like I said my surgery was on Monday the 12th. I was doing really great but Tuesday morning I was really tired and slept longer than I should have resulting in a fever and a couple of additional days in the hospital. The nurses at the hospital were wonderful. They really take care of you.

I have no hunger and no regrets, (other than sleeping longer than I should have)

Have a great day all, gotta go for the 10 minute walk.

Carol

stepmomster
on 12/18/11 7:36 am, edited 12/18/11 7:42 am
Hello!
I also had surgery 12/12. Everything went pretty well except for 1 rude nurse. My heart rate kept dropping below what the monitors would allow. This happened EVERY time I would start to fall asleep. It was very annoying and frustrating. After some adjustments were made to the medical equipment I was FINALLY able to sleep.
I was able to drink clear liquids pretty easily right after but now I am having issues drinking water... nothing tastes good, tap water, bottles water, crystal light, diet Snapple, powerade Zero.... nothing... I know it will get easier but right now I just know I need to work on getting my liquids in!
I'm down 17 pounds in 6 days! It is easy to get excited about that number but I also need to be realistic in the fact that some of that is water weight that I have lost due to not being able to drink much.
I hope everyone is doing great! I would love to hear what helps you get your liquid in :)
~Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow...it's almost been a year!
manda2108 · 1 replies · 1082 views
Down 80lbs today
ete77 · 7 replies · 1415 views
Dec surgery check in.
Darcy S. · 5 replies · 1316 views
Raw Veggies
Shadowcrypt · 2 replies · 1058 views