Having a tough time with last few days of liquids

gettingmyhealthback
on 12/17/11 10:26 am - MI
This has been a rough road for me, but I am doing it because I know the results will be worth it. Is there anyone out there who is getting sleeved in the next few days who is still having a hard time with the liquid diet? I am allowed three Impact shakes a day, one other protein shake of my choice and up to 64 oz of liquids. My head still hurts, I am shakey and hungry a lot! If anyone has any tips, please let me know.

Twizzled D.
on 12/18/11 8:00 am
 We are having surgery the same day. I'm sorry the liquid protein diet has been rough for you...mine allows for yogurt and sugar free Jell-O/pudding/popsicles, and also Cream of Wheat (up to once a day, but it's very high carb so I try to go every other day). 

The sugar free popsicles have absolutely been a life saver, if for nothing else but giving me something to CHEW! 

I'm also using the low-cal Gatorade (G2) to help with fluids. I get at least 64 oz of water a day, and then I have either 8oz of G2 or 8oz Crystal Light, because my creatine levels were up in my labs, and they recommended more fluid. I'm finding I can't chug the G2 very much at all, but because it's flavored, I seem to enjoy the taste (especially the Fruit Punch). 

How long have you been on the liquid diet? I was miserable days 2-4, and only semi-cranky days 5-10. Now, my mind is flying with how much I have to do before the 21st that I think I've forgotten how hungry I am! 
-Kristi

GrownStatus
on 12/20/11 7:46 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
I have the same date as well stay positive and like Kris said the end result is almost here... Hey Kris looks like we have a similar diet (minus the Cream of Wheat) but yes the Jell-o and Popsicles are great!! those are also OK for the first week of post -op as well... I will keep you ladies in my prayers and thoughts tonight and tomorrow.

gettingmyhealthback
on 12/20/11 12:09 pm - MI
Well here it is the night before surgery. Bowel prep no fun, but I am SO happy to be on the eve of surgery! Lots of encouraging pictures and thoughts on this site, and I am praying and sending positive thoughts to all who are having surgery tomorrow! 

JazzyJackie
on 1/20/12 5:21 pm - TX
 I hope all went well for you.

Michelle T.
on 12/23/11 4:47 am - Foothill Ranch, CA
All of us had surgery the same day! How are you guys doing? Hearing  my stomach growling and not being able to eat anything I had a little bit of an emotional breakdown. Super tired and my stomach are is very achy. Taking the meds. How's it going in your worlds?

XOXO,
Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow...it's almost been a year!
manda2108 · 1 replies · 1076 views
Down 80lbs today
ete77 · 7 replies · 1408 views
Dec surgery check in.
Darcy S. · 5 replies · 1308 views
Raw Veggies
Shadowcrypt · 2 replies · 1050 views