No longer having surgery!

Michele1az
on 12/27/11 7:03 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13

I was to have my surgery Dec. 28th, but I have cancelled. My stress and family fears have made me cancel. I wish you all the best.

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

aml216
on 12/27/11 9:19 am
I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow and have many fears in me but I am so excited at the same time.  I don't know your situation but I have only told one person which is my oldest daughter that I was having this surgery.  I did not want to hear all the naysayers.  Because they are not there with me when I am told that I am leading to an earlier grave, I felt they would not understand my decision.  My daughter is very supportive and that is all that matters to me.  I hope that you find inner peace with all the stress going on in your life right now and remember that I am here if you ever need to hear something positive.  I don't know how old you are but I am 49 and wish I had done this many years ago.  All my best to you!
Pammy S.
on 12/27/11 6:56 pm, edited 12/27/11 6:57 pm - New River, AZ
 I understand your fears.  I had a lap band put in in 2003 after having it for 4 yrs.  I had a head on car wreck which caused me to have my band removed.  I'm just now having my revison surgery on Dec 30 RNY at St Lukes Hospital Dr Juarez is my DR.  I'm not stressed.  Just had  a hard time getting my protein shakes down.  I'm mean trying to find a Dr who would do my revison for about 6 months.  & thats after seeing 3 Dr.s first.  Wanted to make sure I found the right dr. for me.  Now my fear's are gone.  I cant wait for surgery.  I pray you can over come your stress & family fears for you are the person going throught this for yourself to be healthly & be here for them in the yrs to come.  May you find peace in your decision.  Hugs Pammy
aml216
on 12/31/11 5:58 am
Just wanted to touch base with you.  I had my surgery on Dec 28th.  I am not going to lie and say there was no pain because there was.  Luckily mine was mild and never in my belly area it was all in my upper chest from the gas they put in you.  I am home with my family now and looking forward to a better new year!  If you ever need more info, don't forget I am here!  Many blessings to you!
janettemdavis
on 1/26/12 12:39 pm - Tacoma, WA
 I was shocked when I looked to see that I had been a memeber since 2003... and I just the sugery last month.  With that being said... for some of us it takes years and years to not only be ready but to also convince our family and friends that this is our life and that we truely deserve and have the right to live as healthy and happy as possible.  Once your ready mind and soul NOBODY will be able to make you change your mind.  I'm 40 and didn't want to wait a minute longer. When your ready you will know.  We will all still be here and support whatever decision you make. :O))

Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow...it's almost been a year!
manda2108 · 1 replies · 1076 views
Down 80lbs today
ete77 · 7 replies · 1408 views
Dec surgery check in.
Darcy S. · 5 replies · 1308 views
Raw Veggies
Shadowcrypt · 2 replies · 1050 views