Had surgery on 12/07/11, now I'm eating everything

Shadowcrypt
on 1/3/12 2:37 am - PA
Hello all. This is the first time I've posted anything. :) I had my surgery about a month ago, and now I'm eating everything. My doctor said it's normal to experiment with hard food eating, but I haven't gone back! I feel like I can eat everything (minus the sugar of course). I haven't had any issues and am still losing weight. Do you think this is ok? Thank you all for your time.
gloriatru
on 1/11/12 9:44 am
I'm the same way. I ate beef jerkey two weeks post-op and didn't have a problem with it. 25 pounds lost since surgery Dec. 15. Not bad
Shadowcrypt
on 1/16/12 12:49 am - PA
Well, I started to eat food I'm supposed to again. The problem with that is that I'm throwing everything up! I think I'm throwing up 1/2 of my meals a day, and the other 1/2 of the day I'm not hungry. TG I have a post op appointment tomorrow! This is nuts.

P.S. I regret on getting the surgery everyday. Not sure if that is normal.
JazzyJackie
on 1/20/12 5:15 pm - TX
 I hope all goes well for you.
abryan0307
on 2/1/12 1:21 am
I know how you feel! I was throwing up most of my food also.  Went to the doctor yesterday and was advised to go back to just protein shakes and let my stomach rest for a couple of weeks then try soft foods again.  I feel your pain!!!  I am glad I am not the only one with this issue.  Please don't regret it!! I know at times I feel the same way till I weight myself and see that for the first time I am losing weight.  Hang in there, I will be thinking of you.
blu3
on 2/6/12 11:24 am
Shadowcrypt, I was told that I would be regretting the surgery also. Wondering if I had made a mistake, they were right.  SO I assume it is normal.
I've had a few problems with certain foods at different times. I'm not eating like the others. My main thing is I forget and try to drink with my food, that's one of my problems. I am working on correcting that!
Hope I can help,
Terrie
JazzyJackie
on 1/20/12 5:13 pm - TX
 Wow, you're doing great.  I had my surgery 12/13/11. Today, finally, I got down 64 ozs of liquid. I cannot eat more than three to four bites before I get that awful feeling in my lower chest area. I eat really slow as to NOT get that feeling. It's great that you can eat and still lose weight. Keep us updated on your progress.  Best wishes.

Shadowcrypt
on 2/3/12 2:02 am - PA
I've started getting nausous in the mornings. And no and I'm pregnant! lol. It seems like if I eat before 11 am I toss my cookies. The doctor also told me to keep drinking the protein shakes. What I really want is NOODLES!!!!!
blu3
on 2/7/12 1:50 am
I didn't mean to sound like a downer. I have lost 30 pounds and I do think I made the right decision to have the surgery. I feel better now than I have in a long time. I have more energy and my personality is happier!
I have not taken a pain pill since i got home. The Dr. has taken me off of several meds.
The only real problem I had was an allergic reaction on my stomach, I broke out in little red spots and itching was terrible. Did anyone else have this problem?
Terrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow...it's almost been a year!
manda2108 · 1 replies · 1079 views
Down 80lbs today
ete77 · 7 replies · 1413 views
Dec surgery check in.
Darcy S. · 5 replies · 1314 views
Raw Veggies
Shadowcrypt · 2 replies · 1057 views