How is everyone doing?

MargeAD
on 1/11/12 11:40 am - CA
 Hi December sleevers,

I am now 3 1/2 weeks out, down 36 lbs, off diabetic and hypertension medication.  How is everyone else doing?

Twizzled D.
on 1/12/12 10:01 am
MargeAD
on 1/12/12 1:07 pm - CA
You are doing great! I have been off meds since surgery. Both my blood pressure and blood sugar have been normal since then. It feels great! Isn't it great to not huff and puff at the slightest exertion? Great work!!

Gypsyw0lf
on 1/18/12 5:39 am, edited 1/24/12 5:38 am - Regina, Canada
 I'm an RNY'er but I'm doing pretty good since my surgery on the 19th.  I am just slowing moving from puree'd to soft foods now. 

I lost 16 pounds pre surgery (2 week liquid diet pre surgery weight loss) and I've lost 14 pounds since surgery.  I'm struggling cause I expected to lose a little more than that but then I guess I had lost all the 'water' weight the first two weeks of the liquid diet.  The scale is moving downwards so i'm happy

I've not started back to the gym or swimming or anything yet.  I'm waiting the 6 weeks for that, but I went back to work after 2, for a short week and have been increasing every week to more days and hours.  Though  I hit 2 and I'm sooooo ready for a nap it is not even funny, but then that passes. 

I do have some NSV to report!  I can do up my seatbelt now with my winter coat on (Live in Canada huge winter coat!)) I feel so much safer.  Before sometimes if I ran the seatbelt under the jacket I could 'barely do it up"  so to me that's a huge goal.  Also I was wearing a 28 pant cause the 26 were super tight on me, but this week it was really cold here so I tried on some size 26 cords and they fit, very very comfortably!  I'm happy about that and warm!

I've not had any trouble with getting my fluids in or eating my min 60 g of protien, better now than 2 weeks out.  I actually worry about eating to much, but i'm staying under 700 calories, most days under 600 so I think I'm good :)  I see my nut not for another 2 or so weeks so we'll see what she says then!

Anyways I'm yammering on here.  I hope to hear more progress reports from other sugery people from December :)  It's nice to compare notes!

JohnnyHaha
on 2/7/12 12:49 pm - Maywodd, NJ
VSG on 12/30/11 with
From Dec 30th when I was sleeved, I am down almost 60 lbs. 

I no longer snore according to my wife and edema around my ankles is a thing of the past.  I'm going to a new primary care doctor so that I can hopefully get rid of the hypertension pills.
I'm waiting for a co-worker to say something, but I also know that I have a long way to go still.

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can be.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow...it's almost been a year!
manda2108 · 1 replies · 1079 views
Down 80lbs today
ete77 · 7 replies · 1415 views
Dec surgery check in.
Darcy S. · 5 replies · 1314 views
Raw Veggies
Shadowcrypt · 2 replies · 1057 views