I got my date too!

aulabell
on 8/14/06 5:43 am - Lacombe, Canada
I am sooooo excited. September 20th I will be having surgery with Dr Farries in Red Deer. Wow, it is finally coming true. I have been waiting for months for my date. It almost doesn't seem real! Thank you Alberta Healthcare! I have heard I need earplugs for the hospital so I thought I'd pass that along. I am getting a little nervous now that it feels real. Ah, what a journey! Paula
storymchaycer
on 8/19/06 4:37 am - Benito, Canada
Hi Paula... Glad to here that you finally got your date for your sugery. I never knew that Red Deer would have these facilities. Is Dr. Farries nice to work with? Have you had to have many pre-op visits before your actual surgery? Last question...Why? would you need ear plugs for the hospital? I wonder if I am in over my head with this whole surgery thing? I have done the research, and know that bypass is the type of surgery I am aiming for...but maybe I am a bit naive. Thank goodness for sites like this one..to bounce idea's and questions off of people who are going through the same thing. Thanks for listening..Good Luck on the 20th... a.k.a Big Momma
aulabell
on 8/19/06 11:19 am - Lacombe, Canada
Farries is a great Dr. The earplugs are to tune out all the sounds in the hospital when you are tying to sleep. I saw Farries first in November. He sees you every month for three months then qualifies you for surgery. You have a shrink deem you sane then a gastroscopy ( looks down your throat ). He makes you lose 30pds in those 3 months too or you do not get surgery by him. He is a great guy very forward in the fact that he will not operate on everyone. Did you get on the Westcan site and not like it? You do have to join to see the posts. Paula
sharonspence
on 11/23/06 12:26 pm - Canada
Hi Paula. My name is Sharon in Langley BC. I was checking the Alberta site to see what kind of wait there is for WLS. You posted in Aug this Nov 24 06 . How long was the wait list for WLS ? How are you doing since the surgery. Sharon
aulabell
on 11/24/06 5:59 am - Lacombe, Canada
Dr Farries in Red Deer only opens his booking up once a year ( first Monday in May ) and fills his year so I only had to wait from May 2005 - Sept 2006 for surgery. The Dr in Medicine Hat is the bussiest like a 3-4 year wait then Dr Davies in Edmonton is about 2-3 last I heard now there is also a team out of Calgary doing it too and I have no idea on their waits. I amdoing grat down 50 pds from surgery and 91 from my highest life is good ! Good luck on your journey I have hear that sometimes people luck out calling every week for a cancellation and get in in a few months. Paula
Most Active