Help!!!!

BiginManitoba
on 11/13/06 4:54 am - Canada
Hi I am looking for a doctor that does the gastric bypass surgery. So far almost every place I have called has a waiting list that is over 5 years. I have congestive heart failure and am over weight and have be recommended by my heart doctor to get this done so I live longer. But I don't know if I can wait over 5 years to get it done. Can any body give me a number I can call or even give me some info that they know of on waiting lists or how long or anything. I have already been aproved by my Medical to get the operation done I just need some facts. If someone can help it would help me. thank you. Also does any one know if there are priority list for people. I am trying anything right now.
penny1
on 11/14/06 6:27 am - vulcan, Canada
hi ... have you considered lap banding as an option... less invasive and much shorter waiting list....here in alberta is list till 2008.. in medicing hat.. friend had it done.. i am going for the less invasive lap banding in calgary or edmonotn.. if i can help you in any way pplease contact me... i have been in alberta 5 years but from manitoba..... thanx myrna mathews
Cindyf
on 11/20/06 3:40 am - Calgary, Canada
2008 waiting list for lap band surgery in Calgary? really OMG I will be waiting a very long time Cindy
MissBrenda
on 11/20/06 10:07 am - Canada
Some waits are not nearly that long, some have it within the year. Here are a list of doctors you can get a start on calling in Alberta Dr. Davey and/or Dr. Birch - 1-403-735-5620 they work together in Edmonton, and Dr. Davey does it through Bonnyville as well, which I hear is a shorter wait. Medicine Hat Dr. Nohr 1-403-502-8936 Red Deer - Dr. Farries - 1-403-347-9037 Calgary - Dr. Phillip Mitchell - 1-403-264-6720 (lap band)
celder
on 11/16/06 10:32 pm
Lori call me Barix Clinic in Ypsilanti, Michigan is the leader in weight loss surgey and we help with the process with Ohip. Please call me 800-282-0066 ext 4985 Ask for Cindi Elder I will explain thing to you the best I can... Talk to you soon
murrin196
on 12/13/06 4:54 am - Canada
I think if your health condition is that serious you should look at paying for the gastric bypass in the states the wait times are signifigantly less and you may even want to find out if your health coverage would pay for it there. just go on the internet and google something on bypass in the states. dont take the chance of having to wait five years see what they can do for you across the border if nothing can be done here for you sooner.
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 3:49 pm - Singapore
found this hope it helps http://www.emedihub.com/profile.php?pid=92
Most Active