My name is Suzy and I am 315 lbs

cytko4
on 11/15/06 3:29 am - Canada
Hello. My name is Suzy and I am 315 lbs and have been obese all my life. I really want to have the lapband done for my health and I am fed up of being fat.Yes I have been on all the diets but my past and the bad things in my life engulfed my very being. It is my drug of choice food. It is comforting, has never spoken abusively to me,it is sweet, it is always there and satisfying, it never hit me,used my body as a punching bag or sexually abused me. I take a variety of pills 5 in all and am fed up with that. I am 56 and do have a wonderful husband and children. All of which happened after my attack but losing weight takes me back to the attack. I was thinner then .That is my wall. So hopefully my doctor will see that I need help. I have often wondered why an anorexic is taken seriously while the fat person who uses food as an emotional crutch is not. FOOD is part of both of their problem emotionally. I would like to see what it is like to be thin for once in my life. Suzy
hobo998
on 11/15/06 10:23 am - Canada
Hi Suzy: I see you're from Edmonton. The bariatric clinic in Edmonton is second to none. My experience with them has been great. There is a great support group there as well. (There is a earlier post by Pam about the group) I would suggest for you to see you're Dr. and get a referral in ASP, because at 56 you might be at the top of the age envelope. I don't know if there is a age cutoff but I think they start to screen tougher after 55. I'm 51... 52 on Sat and it was mentioned at one of my consult that I was getting close to upper age envelope. I must stress that this "remark" was made in a conversation when we were joking around and not said in any kind of official way... Good luck on your journey Terry
angelle
on 11/20/06 4:17 am - St.albert, Canada
hi suzy my name is pam and I understand how you feel I weigh 320 and I am 22 years old I also live in edmonton and like you I got fed up with being overweight for my entire life so I finally asked my doctor for a referal to a Bariatric surgeon and he sent me to see a doctor Davey and he is by far the best doctor I have ever met I got my surgery date finally after waiting for 2 years for January 19th Talk to your Doctor and do not take noo for an answer always seek a second opinion if need be thats what I had to do, I seen three doctors before one would help me. hope all goes well for you
roli0725
on 11/29/06 5:27 am - Canada
Hi Suzy: Good luck with your search. Remember though that any addiction needs to be addressed. Because when you have surgery you wont beable to use food as your drug of choice. I agree about the anorexic. Too bad food is legal. I too had an addicition to food but after counselling and really finding out who I am and where I am going in my life I'm healthy! Unfortunely my body got use to being obese but the surgery has help tremendously and I'm off to the races. Lori
Most Active