Lap-band

marty_gal
on 11/15/06 8:29 am - Canada
Hi. I am looking for a surgeon in Alberta that does the weight loss surgery lap-band. If anyone knows of one...could you please let me know? Thanks a bunch. :help:
hobo998
on 11/16/06 7:20 am - Canada
Hi Dawn: For the band there is the clinic in Edmonton with Dr. Davey/Birch and they are excellent.There is talk of a clinic starting up in Calgary but I don't have any details on them. Those are the only two clinics that i am aware of in Alberta that does the band. The Edmonton clinic is were i got my band done and I am very happy with them. There is a earlier post that has the phone numbers of the Alberta clinics including the Calgary Dr. that does bands. Look for" Stopping to say Hi" post. Hope this Helps. Terry
marty_gal
on 11/16/06 7:59 am - Canada
Hey Terry. Thanks for the info. So you have had the surgery and how did it go? Are you happy with it and the results. I live a 12 hour drive away from Edmonton but am so willing to make the trip. How long was the wait??? Anyways, thanks again for the info. :cool: I'll let you know how I make out. Dawn
hobo998
on 11/17/06 1:18 am - Canada
Hi Dawn: My surgery was no big deal.....everything went well with no complications. I am very happy with how things are going.... I have lost approx 40lbs since my surgery date of 08-01-06. I started the program at 315lbs and was at 300lbs at surgery and am currently at 260ish. My current weight is with my home scale and not always the most accurate(my poor scale is just worn out from 20 yrs of abuse.... I am back to the clinic on Dec 04 and will have a accurate weight then. I don't know how long the wait is to see Dr.Davey/Birch but get in your referall and hopefully you wont have to wait to long. Here is the link to the OH lapband forum and if you haven't checked it out already you will find some good info on banding. Look for Sandy R posts as she is pretty knowledgeable with lapband issues. http://obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ Got to run so take care and keep in touch. Terry
marty_gal
on 11/22/06 11:42 pm - Canada
Hey Terry. I am glad that this is working for you and many others. It gives me hope. I am kinda down right now because I found out that you have to be referred to Capital Health Weight Wise Program and then they decide to see if you are a candidate or not. The wait time to even get on this program is 2 years. And you may not even get to see Dr. Birch. My next step is to see if my NWT health will pay for this if I have it done at a private facility in Toronto. The surgery costs $16,000.00 but they may cover it if I am deemed a candidate for it. So, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I feel this is my only hope of having this done sooner than later. Anyways, I got selected for Jury duty and I better get to the court house. Take care. Dawn
hobo998
on 11/23/06 7:28 am - Canada
Hi Dawn: You might want to put in your referal to the program even thou there is a long wait. At least you have something to fall back to if your other options dont work out. You might want to check out a post by BJ called Dr. info with phone numbers of a new Dr. in calgary doing lapband. He is not supposed to have the long wait yet. Might be worth checking out. I hope it works out for you and be paitent.....waiting seems to be a part of the process. Terry
Most Active