I got my date

angelle
on 11/20/06 4:22 am - St.albert, Canada
I finally got my date it is January 19th but I must say that I am terribly nervous about having it done not because of the surgery itself but of the after effects such as worrying about loose skin and the possibilities of other surgery to have to remove that I am only 22 and I am frightened of looking like a monster after the surgery Is there somone out there that could help to calm these fears, especially someone who has had this problem or knows how it can be minimized
marty_gal
on 11/22/06 11:47 pm - Canada
Good for you Pamela!!!!! This gives me hope as I am just starting the trek to getting this done. I myself am not worried about excess skin but I am older than you (36 yrs old) They say the younger you are, the more elasticity your skin has so probably with toning exercises and weights you will get rid of it. In all retrospect, to me, it is better to be healthy and live longer than to look tight and toned. Just my opinion. Hope all goes well. Best of luck to you, Pamela. Dawn
lifechanges
on 11/24/06 1:40 am - Canada
Congratulations to you Pam. I was just wondering how long you have been waiting for this surgery. I am waiting for my first appointment and was told it could take up to 2 years! Maybe just focus on today and the surgery and not the aftermath. I have the same concerns as you but, I am also 37 and have had 3 kids that did a number on stretching my skin for me. So stay possitive.
Samm
on 11/25/06 1:09 pm - Black Diamond, Canada
Good for you! I am in the same boat, now playing the waiting game until surgery!
roli0725
on 11/29/06 5:16 am - Canada
Hi Pamela: I had my first surgery at age 23yrs. I lost 125lbs and felt great. My skin because I was young was pretty good. The only issue I had was my legs from the knees up. It wasn't awful but it was a little loose. MY arms bothered me a bit but putting the whole package (Me) together I looked great. I exercised and toned too. Don't worry. Just be healthy and exercise you'll be surprised at what you are left with. Lori
Woz
on 12/7/06 9:07 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Congrats Pamela!! I had mine in Sept and i am very pleased. Who is doing your surgery? Did you know we have a support group that meets once a month in Edmonton? If you would like details please email me and i will get you that information Pamela
angelle
on 1/29/07 5:12 am - St.albert, Canada
I would love the information about the support groups that meet in Edmonton that would really be a big help to me Thank you....
angelle
on 1/8/07 1:57 am - St.albert, Canada
it seems that the closer it seems to get to the date I seem to be having nightmares about the whole situation even though I waited for like two years for this and I got all my information and everything I need to know. why would something I am willing and eager to do give me nightmares??? Am I just being silly???
Most Active