I feel that I am losing weight too fast, is this normal?

reneikoh
on 11/30/06 6:15 pm - Canada
Hi ALL: I had gastric bypass surgery on October 16, 2006. I have already lost 45lbs. On the day of surgery I weighed in at 275lbs, and I am 5"6. I now weigh 230lbs. I feel great, I guess I shouldn't worry. I just wanted to know if I will plateau or just keep shedding the weight. I did join a gym, I am only doing light cardio right now. I should be able to lift weights at the beginning of January. Renee
roli0725
on 12/2/06 10:47 am - Canada
Hi Renee Congrats!! I had Gastice bypass on Sept 27/06. I lost very quickly in the beginning (first 5week) then I plateaued for three weeks. I'm losing again. I've lost since surgery 36lbs and inches I was wearing a size 24 and now my size 20's are too big. I had my surgery in Red Deer Dr. Farries. I think he and Dr. Nohr do it differently. I do not have any restrictive bands do you? This is my second WLS the first one I had I was 24yrs old and now just turned 40yrs. I'm older and wiser. It can be very overwhelming losing weight especially if you've been obese all your life and I was. I'm healthy emotionally, spiritually and now I need my health (whi*****ludes weight loss). I too have a therapist and I wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck! Be patient and enjoy! Lori
Ash
on 12/5/06 1:04 am - Canada
Hi there, Sorry I was just reading over some of everyone's conversation, trying to figure out where I FIT in. LOL I am 21 and have always been over weight. I live in Edmonton and have done the physical and all that good stuff through my doctor and now am on a waiting list to see the nurse at Dr. Davey's office. Would I be better to wait in Red Deer for Surgery or.. ??? Any advise for me.
Woz
on 12/7/06 9:05 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
My advice is to wait out having surgery with Dr Davey and Birch. I had mine done in Sept and im am down 70 lbs. They are awesome and well worth the wait.. and they do the surgery lap instead of open like most other Drs in Alberta. The have a super support team and wonderful dieticians.. we also have a local support group if you would like to join please send me an email and i will get you all the information you need. Pam
reneikoh
on 12/6/06 9:35 am - Canada
Dear Lori: Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the information. I do have some bad days, but most of them are good ones. I have now lost 49lbs in less than two months. I am not in a rush, but it is nice to know about others experiences. Thanks again. Renee
LisaBoston
on 12/11/06 5:30 am - Canada
Just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss. Everyone looses different after surgery. I lost 32 lbs in my first month and now I am 10 months out and down 125 pounds with 10 more to go. Key thing I would say for my success is walking and finding balance in my life. Eating is such to fuel my body and spending the first 6 months re-learning how to eat was key. I had mine open and have no regrets....if I have a panni, then the incision is the same plus some, so having it lap was not a big deal for me. Lisa M Nohr Jan/06 -125 lbs
Most Active