Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

marty_gal
on 12/30/06 5:27 am - Canada
Hello to everyone!! I hope you all had a great Christmas and an upcoming fantastic new year. I am so excited that this year upon us will finally be a year of success for me. I go for my surgery Feb 2nd. What a way to kick off the New Year!! I am also very excited that I have met a new friend on here that only lives 7 1/2 hours from me. We have been chatting and I can't wait to meet her in person. Yes....that's you Karen!!! Thanks for being there, girl!! Anyways, gotta run. Have a good day all!!! Dawn
Cindyf
on 12/31/06 7:25 am - Calgary, Canada
Hey Dawn Just thought I would say hi, I lived in Yellowknife for 20 years good luck with surgery is the NWT government paying for it? I am in Alberta now and there is a long waiting list, here I sit waiting Cindy
marty_gal
on 1/1/07 1:39 am - Canada
Hi Cindy. Thanks for writing. So, you must know how isolated I feel up here, eh? I am still battling with NWT Health to cover it. I am getting it done anyways but why not try, right? So far, all they say they will cover is the the pysicians fee for $2500 because it is in a private facility. What ****** me off is that they will cover gastric bypass which is a more invasive surgery with more complications. Crazy!!!!! I was going to go to Alberta but like you said, the wait time for me was 3 years....I can't wait that long. So, I am going to Toronto and having the lap-band on Feb 2/07. Write back if you wish. Hope you have a great New Year and that the waiting list disappears and you are next up!!! Dawn
Cindyf
on 1/2/07 1:50 am - Calgary, Canada
Morning Dawn Oh yes I remember my days in the North, way before Walmart arrived and Tim's, I remember people used to go south and bring back big mac's and sell them on the radio LOL I do remember how isolated it was up there for sure! How long have u been in Hay River for? At least you don't have to deal with the ferry to get out. Three years WOW, I really hope I don't have to wait that long, I will be old by the time I get to enjoy being thin LOL But I have been chubby since my third daughter was born and that was oh 14 years ago, so I kind of think I will still be chubby in three years LOL I am just happy to be in the line up! I also looked into having the surgery done in Toronto. 2500 eh, that is just crazy if you think about it, they are willing to pay for gastric by pass why not lapband? I am thinking you should be appealing that decision. Enjoy your day Cindy
marty_gal
on 1/2/07 2:43 am - Canada
Hey Cindy. I have been here for 11 years in May. I came from Ontario originally. You are right....I am glad I don't have to wait for the ferry or ice road. As for the surgery being covered, I am going to wait to see the final coverage and then if I am not satisified, I am taking it to the MLA and see what happens. They have helped me in the past with medical stuff. Well, I better run. Take care and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Dawn
Most Active