Getting a little scared

lmfgrp
on 4/22/11 12:36 am - Canada
Wo the nurse says the next step is to see the surgeon.  I have yet to meet him.  So now all of a sudden I am scared spitless!!!  What to do? Do I want surgery? What are the side effects?  Am I taking the easy way out?  Am I going to be the same person after? 

On the other hand........I can take the kids skiing!  I can fly without a panic attack!  I can chase the kids.....and catch them!  I can take the kids horse back riding!  I can try wall climbing!  I want to ride a motor bike!  I want to do it ALL!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 3:46 am - Edmonton, Canada
My advise to you is loose the phrase "taking the easy way out" and adopt the phrase "this is my only option" !!!!

And yes you will complete and achieve all you want to do for yourself and your family.

When I decided to have my surgery it came after 2 yrs of research and then I just made the decision. within a week I was booked (self pay), have I had issues a few but were they life threatening no, am I happy hell ya, I am shopping a regular stores and feeling like I did when I was 25, my energy levels have gone thru the roof.  As for being the same person as before, only you can ask yourself that...I am as I never struggled with weight until I hit 30 and a major depression, the key thing to remember is you are still you just a much smaller and healthier person.
Girl you will rock !!!!!!!  Good Luck on your decision

C
Kelly-AnneH
on 4/22/11 12:57 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Which surgeon will you be seeing? Have you decided which surgery you want? When is your appointment?

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

lmfgrp
on 4/22/11 1:59 pm - Canada
Calli, I realize it isn't the easy way out, but a part of me says that, after 40 years of hearing people tell me if I just did this, or just did that, you wouldn't have a weight issue.  it is hard to reprogram the head that fast, still working on it. 

I am not sure who the surgeon is yet, I will be meeting Sue on the 20th to discuss the surgery options and quetions, and then she will be scheduling me with the surgeon. 

It isn't like this will all be happening in the next month, but I want to have my head wrapped around this, so many questions, fears, and excitement.  It is hard to process it all!
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 1:27 am, edited 4/23/11 1:28 am - Edmonton, Canada

see private message

lmfgrp
on 4/23/11 1:51 am - Canada
I will as soon as I can figure out where to see it!! LOL
Keelan
on 4/23/11 1:48 am
Maybe things have changed this past year but the nurse will assess you and then send you over to Dr. Sharma who makes the decision if you will be referred to a surgeon. How long have you been in the program?
Please do your research and discuss with the surgeon what works for you and your lifestyle. Don't be afraid cause this surgery will not be the easy way out, it will be the only way out. You will be so happy and full of life again. My sleeve surgery saved my life and it's the best thing thus far that I have ever done for myself and truly the decision to have surgery was completely made on my own. My family don't know and neither do my friends. I'd do it all over again, no regrets.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Sarahbear1
on 4/24/11 7:56 am - Edmonton, Canada
do some research and make a list of ??s u may have.

Sue is my nurse as well, I have Lee as my nut. My surgery is May 18th :) Got approved in October.

maybe you should come for our support group.

sarah

lmfgrp
on 4/25/11 4:09 am - Canada
I live in Slave Lake, so it is hard to do the support group thing!!  But I would have loved to if you want to hold them in Westlock!!
Most Active