post op Full Fluids .....

Sarahbear1
on 5/13/11 3:12 am - Edmonton, Canada
Can you tell me what this consisted of for you ...and what surgery you had. I'm SOOOO ready to be DONE with the ensure :) Sarah

Keelan
on 5/13/11 2:15 pm
Hey Sarah,

For the first 3 weeks I had things like jello, sf pudding, Popsicles, crystal light, Gatorade G2, I used the soup broth from Chicken Noodle and Vegetable soup also watered down tomato soup. I was allowed cream soups, milk and yogurts but I didn't like them.
My sleeve preferred flavored waters and hot things worked better. I had a hard time getting my fluids in and for me personally I had to worry more about staying hydrated than getting my proteins in.
After the 3 weeks, I depended on tuna, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, blended chili and blended soups to get me through.
Of course we're all different and what worked for me might not work for you, it's really trial and error.
I so wish I could be with you but unfortunately with training and my work schedule I won't be able to but I want you to know I'm there in spirit and I'll be sending lots of positive vibes and well wishes.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Sarahbear1
on 5/14/11 2:11 pm - Edmonton, Canada
 thanks  :) 

Sarah

cankiwi
on 5/14/11 12:25 am
Hi Sarah
Good luck next week
For me I like the diary products so used alot of them like the greek yogurt, regular yogurt and oatmeal made with lots of milk so it was thinner than usual.  I could only eat very small amounts so a little went along way.  I still can't drink  p;ain water comfortably so flavoured water, hot drinks seem easier and milk.  Everyone is different so you will soon figure out what works for you.  You can also have things like apple sauce,  puddings, jello, soups (I had the butternut squash soup post op) also if you like the ensures they work as well as you can sip on them over the day and it will help your fluid intake which is hard to keep up during the first little while.
Wishing all the best next week, it is worth the bit of discomfort at the beginning.
Karen

HW 390       SW 301            CW 251
Most Active