Not sure what it means

lmfgrp
on 7/9/11 1:35 pm, edited 7/9/11 1:37 pm - Canada
Had my appointment with the Surgeon, and now I have had my scope done............What does that mean time wise????
deedee123
on 7/9/11 3:19 pm - Canada
Some of this depends on the surgeon..clinic...etc.  If you are weight wise then it typically means they will schedule a 'file review' for about 15 days after  your scope and if everything is ok then they will send you to be placed in cue for 'the call'.  For me, I am having the sleeve with Dr. Karmali.  My file was sent to the surgery wait list on March 3rd.  I have yet to receive the call but have been told that it will likely be September or October before I can expect to have my procedure.  Again if you are with weight wise in Edmonton you will need to do your preparing for bariatric surgery class and the follow up one of sustaining the change.  You will not have a lot of appointments with your team but can request them if needed.  Hopefully you use this time to lose a little more weight and get life in order before your big day. 
That's my perspective at least...hope that helps

Deanne

Referral October 2008 - lost    1st Clinic visit Nov 2010  VSG September 13, 2011  
Weight lost from 1st clinic visit to surgery 100lbs   Goal - 160-180 (I think)
Most Active