Luck of the draw.

Keelan
on 10/5/11 5:18 am
At just about 13 months out I'm experience my first set back since having surgery. I am having gallbladder issues along with gastritis.
The pain is terrible and constant. It doesn't matter if I eat or just drink water it's there. I've been considering myself lucky cause I have been able to take ibuprofen since surgery with out having any issues so I thought but I was informed that I should stop taking it cause it is one of the major causes of gastritis and because sleeve patients have little tummy it makes us more at risk for this lovely tummy issues.
I am currently on antibiotic to see if it will stop the inflammation from getting worst and to stop any growth of the H Pylori virus or any further infection in my gall bladder. Now it's a waiting game to as when I'll feel better. Hopefully sooner than later.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

moxy 809
on 10/5/11 5:31 am
That sucks that you are having a double whammy of trouble.  I can sure understand about the gallbladder.  The pain from that is just terrible and probably the worst I have ever felt.  Sometimes a hot bath would help but other than that the only thing that helped was percocet.  I had to have mine out 9 years ago.  Hopefully everything will settle down for you soon and you will start to feel better.
Tige-Girl
on 10/5/11 9:35 am - Canada
Ihad my gallbladder out 10 years ago and can STILL remember that pain. Sorry you are going through this now. I'm going to learn from you though and toss the ibuprofen NOW.....I take it for joint pain before bed now and then. Guess I might as well switch to the Tylenol now. Thanks for posting so we can all benefit and avoid this!!!! Hope you feel better soon!
Adrianna O.
on 10/6/11 1:07 am - Canada
So sucky Kee!!

I hope you feel better soon! I also was taking ibuprofen and got some other stuff for my severe period issues that I now have but I mentioned it to the clinic at my last appointment and got the whatfor and an absolutely not from Dr. Birch. Opps! I guess I'm also trying to find something else to take.

How are you feeling today?

Keelan
on 10/6/11 1:24 pm
Thanks Ladies.
Adrianna, it hard to know what to take and sometimes ibuprofen is hidden in menstrual meds. It's crazy but I'm done, it'll be tylenol or nothing. The pain I've been experiencing isn't worth it. After taking 2 days off and wallowing in my own pity I went back to work today but to be honest I probably should have stayed off the rest of the week. I'm tired and weak from eating very little and it's now a chore to find something to put in my body that isn't gonna buckle me over in pain. Mashed potatoes seem to be ok but I actually don't like them I have to force them down. I've got an ultra sound coming up so part of me is hoping it'll just prove my gall bladder needs to come out but on the other hand I don't want to go through another surgery.

Kee.

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

StrawWalker
on 10/20/11 12:52 pm
Keel an, if you are taking vitamin d, try stopping it. It is toxic to some. I know personally. at this point for you, I am sure anything is worth a try. Let me know if that works if you do try.
Take care.
StrawWalker

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
Keelan
on 10/20/11 11:10 pm
Right now I am taking no vitamins at all and it does worry me a little but my poor little irritated sleeve just can't handle it. Yesterday I seen my family doctor and I have been officially diagnosed with gall stone, I have a lovely little stack of small ones building a wall in my gall bladder but they don't want to remove it until my attacks become more frequent, 3 trips to Emergency in 2 weeks apparently isn't enough to ward getting it removed.
Dr Birch has also been sent a copy of my results cause initially he ordered the ultra sound so I'll wait to see what he thinks but for now it's a wait and see game. The worst part is  I was told I had to maintain my weight from September to February in order to get my plastics referral but with this going on it makes it hard.
Thanks.

Kee.

StrawWalker
on 10/21/11 12:14 am, edited 10/21/11 12:15 am
I hate to tell you this Keelan but you really are better off with your gallbladder. But...the good news is, that there are ways to keep that baby.

First off I want to explain a bit why I made the first statement. Without your gallbladder you will never have normal digestion ever again. This will cause problems for you in the long term. In my practice I have seen repeatedly people coming to me with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and a multitude of other symptoms, that they suffer due primarily to having had thier gallbladder removed. I myself have also experienced this. I do know how you are feeling as I also went through that and at that time, I would have given just about anything to have them take that thing out of me. A very good friend of mine of the time begged me not to have it removed and that there was a way that I could rid myself of the stones. Unfortunately, I didnt listen. That was a HUGE mistake. My subsequent years in terms of health were rife with problems until I was finally diagnosed with multivessel disease and told that I would have maybe 10 years at best to live.

That was until I learned how to rid myself of the blockages and continually enhance my digestive processes that I had lost by having my gallbladder removed. All could have been avoided if only I had listened to that friend of mine years ago.

You can do what is called a gallbladder flush. There are many on the internet if you search that term. The one that I recommend for my clients is as follows: (I use this one cause I find it to be easy and gentle)

1 day cleanse.

Gallbladder/liver flush

? Precede flush with a colon cleanse for about one week prior. You can use "Flush The Fat" or similar colon cleanses products.

? Make sure to have Epson salts on hand.

? Drink 1 cup of unsweetened pure apple juice every hour on the hour.

? Sip the apple juice throughout each hour as to maintain blood sugar levels.

? Just before bedtime squeeze ½ cup of lemon juice from fresh lemons. Approximately 3-4.

? Consume ½ cup of virgin olive oil and the lemon juice. Drink all.

? Immediately after, go to bed and lay on your right side all night long.

? Break your fast in the morning gently by having something light.

? If you experience any gallbladder like pain take 2 tablespoons of Epson salts diluted in water. This should eliminate the pain within 20 min.

? Epson salts relax the smooth muscle tissues and allow passage of any bigger stones.

? Watch for the passage of bile stones with bowel movement in the morning. They will float and be greenish from bile.

? This should be done at least once a year in the spring time however it is preferable to do it every six months.

P.s. The amount that you consume of the lemon and olive oil will have to be adjusted to fit your sleeve. You can only take in what you can. Probably wont be the full cup. Just discard the rest.

P.s.s. If you dont see stones, you must repeat in one months time. Do not do any sooner than that.

Now Keelan my dear, I know that this is a huge decision and takes quite a bit of faith in a stranger and that ultimately it is up to you. I will absolutely respect your choice whatever it is but I just wanted you to have the same opportunity that I had.

Just a side note, No one in my practice that is an active client has ever had thier gallbladder taken out because this process has worked for them.

Take Care

StrawWalker

P.sss. Just wanted to state that I am probably one of the healthiest people around today. I didnt want anyone to worry that the clock was still ticking..lol.

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
Most Active