What do I need to get ready?

Heatherde
on 11/15/11 5:00 pm
Ok so now that things are a go I need to get ready. I have received my instructions for my pre op diet yet. What do I need to get ready for this diet and for my post op diet? Did any of you use toddler spoons to help you slow down?

Heather
arlene S.
on 11/15/11 8:23 pm - calgary, Canada
i used them and it really helped me, made me eat slower and way smaller portions. Good luck and you will do well, i'm sure.

Keelan
on 11/17/11 5:53 am
I made sure I had sugar free Popsicles, jello, pudding, and flavors for my water cause I couldn't drink just plan water it tasted funny after surgery. Hot things worked better for me so I drank a lot of watered down soup broths.
I also used the baby spoon and fork, bought a baby size bowl and plate too. I faithfully used then for the first 2or 3 month and loved them. It made my plate seem full and made me eat slow cause of the little amount the spoon and fork would hold.
Another think I did was saved the medicine cups from the hospital and used them to help me drink my liquids. I personally found that if I sat a big glass of water in from of me I would panic cause i know I couldn't drink all of it but if I filled a little 30 cc medicine cup I know 3 sips and it would be gone and it forced me to move more to go back and forth to the kitchen to fill it up.
Good Luck.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Gizzys
on 11/18/11 5:40 am - Canada
I am using the baby spoons as well.  They force you to take smaller bites which you will be thankful for.  Especially if you accidently take too big of a bite (even of yogurt).
Might be good to stock up on a few packs of meal replacement drinks.  Also, I found a pill crusher invaluable for those large multivitamins.  Good luck!

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Tige-Girl
on 11/19/11 5:08 am - Canada
I had my vsg done a couple od days ago... I am from the school of Kee!! I use my grandmothers little tiny coffee spoons and her little china fruit nappies. THinking of her makes me ffeel good while I nibble! I also kept evey med cup from the hospital and use them for my water!! My husband made up little nappy bowls of pudding and jello in 1/4 cup sizes and left them in the fridge for me to have when he's out.....as for the pills. Ya. Check which ones are crushable (some ARE NOT) .. at first with the sleeve so tender and tight, you can get a big pill stuck for quit a while and be very uncomfortable... Take earplugs to the hospital or you will get NO SLEEP!!!! 
Most Active