Just got back from Surgery in Mexico and Feeling Great

jennyrenny
on 8/19/12 9:27 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
I just got back from getting the DS with Drs. Aceves and  Ungson in Mexicali. I had an amazing experience--hospital was immaculate, four to five doctors visits a day. I could go on and on. Best health care I ever recieved. I have follow up arranged with a doctor here in Calgary so I am good to go. Surgery was 8 days ago and I don't feel any pain or discomfort whatsoever. I just can't believe it.

I was turned down for surgery in Caglary because I didn't make the cut (too young and not enough comorbidities). I just want to put it out there to anyone having trouble getting through the local programs, if you are able to self-pay, Dr. Aceves is the way to go.
I'm so pleased I just want to jump for joy (probably not a good idea quite so soon, though)

Jenn

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

mornings
on 8/19/12 10:35 am - Canada
welcome back to canada  and its great to hear you got along great ,,,    its really sad they put a age on how someone is treated   really  i think its  wrong  i believe if you need help and you  are at the point of giving up i think  this surgery  should be for any who needs it ,,,,,,,,,age really shouldnt have a barrier   they say being overweight is really a disease  then  why not cure the  people in there 20s  why wait for another 10 or more years of them being overweight ,  depressed ,   and becomming more and more unhealtly   why not give them a chance as well  ,    im happy to hear someone helped you  ,  i just hope for some reason  you can claim this on your taxes at least to get something back    ,,,, you take care of yourself
Huneypie
on 8/20/12 6:51 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Congratulations! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Kelly-AnneH
on 8/20/12 11:56 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Congratulations and welcome home!

I agree - Dr Aceves is wonderful! Going to him was the best decision I've made in years. Did you see Dr Campos as well? We just loved him.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

AzureAurora
on 8/26/12 11:05 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
 Hi Kelly Anne 
Looks like you are doing well. 
I am in BC at the moment leave for Vegas on Sept 4 and Peru on Sept 15ish

Take care

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

Kelly-AnneH
on 8/26/12 12:23 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Hi Julie,
It sounds like you're having a wonderful time already! I hope your travels just keep getting better as you go along.

Yes, I'm doing great. I had a couple of weeks of feeling unbelievably tired and generally icky. Taking me off my BP Meds and treating a low grade UTI made me into a new woman. I feel amazing.

This surgery is the single best investment I've ever made. I don't know about you, but I tell anyone that'll hold still long enough about my surgery, Dr Aceves, and the huge change in the quality of my life as I've been dropping the weight.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

jennyrenny
on 8/20/12 1:29 pm - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 Thanks for all the well wishes. Yes, I did see the handsome Dr. Campos a couple of times a day, but it was Dr. Aceves and his gentle manner that won my heart.

AzureAurora
on 8/26/12 11:03 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
 Congratulations Jenny. welcome to the loser's bench 

Dr. A also completed my surgery in February and I to had a fantastic experience. 

I reached ONEderland today!! Lovin my Sleeve. 

Julie

jennyrenny
on 8/26/12 1:26 pm - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
Congrats Julie!!! I can't wait to get to Onederland. At least now I am on my way...

Kinda funny, when I first read "welcome to the losers bench" I totally took it the wrong way. I'm not sure why, I've seen it on this board a bunch of times. I think those hormones that were stored in my fat are starting to get into the rest of my body. Kinda feels like PMS. My husband says I'm grumpy...I told him I'm not grumpy, he's just hard to live with (this is an ongoing joke for us). The fact that I totally read your post the wrong way and thought you were calling me a loser supports his theory...but there is no way I am admitting that to him.

AzureAurora
on 8/26/12 5:09 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
Oh No. You certainly misread my intentions. I am Not calling you a loser at all. I AM wishing you lots of luck on your weight loss journey and continued success always. Congratulations on investing in your LiFe   

Julie

Most Active