Lack of motivation

Keelan
on 6/13/13 1:30 pm

I need someone to kick me in the butt and help me get back on track.

I'm not gaining weight but I'm not losing either. I have seemed to have loss my motivation and am eating things that I shouldn't be.

I'm finding more and more junky foods are slipping into my diet and since I'm no longer allowed popcorn in my diet I am finding it hard finding something to replace it. Doritos and chocolate have become my slider foods and I'm having them at least 2 times a week. I being honest here I'm struggling and I'm scared to death. I have worked too hard to get to this point.

I will be 3 years out in September so it's not like I don't know the difference but it seems like I have gotten bored with trying to lose those dreaded last 10 pounds and have now frustrated myself to the point where I hate planning meals. I even skip meals and eat a piece of fruit to make life easier. I can now eat 1200+ calories a day and that's scary too.

Anyway if anyone has been in my shoes can you please share how you got yourself back on track. I need to get my motivation back and remain a success.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

mmechose
on 6/13/13 11:33 pm - Canada

You did it once...you can do it again....keep faith in you....You have a rough time and you are mature enough to see it and admit it.....

Good luck :)

Gizzys
on 6/17/13 12:40 am - Canada

Hi Kee -  You are not alone in this rut.  I am with you.  I don't really have any advice for you or else I would be taking it myself.  I think we both know what we have to do, it's just hard.  From what I hear from others, its to get back to basics.  Eat at least 70 grams of protein first, then veggies and fruit.  No drinking during or for 1/2 hr afterwards.  Stick to 3 small meals and 2-3 small snacks.  This is where I really struggle.  I find I am beginning to graze too much and on the wrong things.  A handful of chips here, a cookie there etc...  I need to stop doing this.  We go camping a lot and I am really bad with grazing while camping.  Plus all the camping type foods...ugh...its a struggle.  The other thing is to exercise.  Another area I need to work on.  I don't exercise much, only walking.  What I hear is work off the extra calories you put in.  I am thinking at three years out 1200 calories is pretty good.  I am sure I get more than that.  I am not losing or gaining either.  I have about 10 lbs I'd like to lose as well.  I want to get to 140 lbs.  I am going in for my panni removal this Thursday.  Even though I am expecting not to lose any weight per say, it would be nice.  I am pretty nervous.  You will get it together Kee.  We both have to because you are right, we have worked too hard to get to this point and I know I never want to go back to what I was.  Why then do we fall into bad habits, knowing we don't ever want to go back?  I ask myself this all the time... 

Anyways, be strong.  You can do this!  Good luck!

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Kelly-AnneH
on 6/17/13 2:11 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
This may sound weird, but - is it possible that 150# is where your body is happy? I follow a blog that makes a lot of sense to me, and he talks about your best weight is where you're eating a diet you can enjoy long term and doing the amount of exercise you can enjoy. (Also long term)

Instead of beating yourself up over 10#, maybe try relaxing into weighing 150, and keeping that 150# Kee healthy. Losing every scrap of excess weight sounds good, but you don't have to have a perfect BMI to be healthy, happy and active.

((Kee))

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/13 2:02 pm - Canada

Having lots and gained a lot of weight over my life-time I can say first you have to stop beating yourself up.  The more you negative self-talk the worse you feel and those feelings of failure will cause you to convince yourself  you can't do this.  Well of course you can...you already have!  This isn't about the last 10 lbs.  It's about gaining back weight and going back to your addiction.

If I can offer advice I would say start with routines that you can count on.  If you work take your meals and eat what you bring.  Do that for a couple weeks.  The success of 5 days X 2 meals (if you can eat breakfast at work) and 2 snacks is going to make you feel great. When you start feeling the energy of success start tackling planning dinner.  Then tackle the weekends.  A small goal is easier to accomplish and success breeds success.  Don't forget to keep a journal.  Write down your food, your excercise...as the pages fill up with success you will have a wonderful log of all the good things you are doing.  If you have a bad day then write down your feelings in your journal.  Often I look back on bad calorie days and see that something caused the lapse: travel, life issues, celebrations.  It's easier to forgive yourself if you see that it's not your norm.

My best advice though, if you believe, pray.  Give it to God and let him carry you when you can't carry yourself

Most Active