Surgery date is in February!! OMG!! What now?

Pinner
on 2/3/15 7:23 am

I can't believe it's so soon!!  

I have no idea where to start!  Planning food? Planning suitcase? 

What else do I need to do?

I'm so excited and nervous!!!

kookicele
on 2/4/15 9:02 am

Yay!!!! When did they phone and tell you? How long ago did you sign the consent etc? Have you done your pre surgery nutrition classes and dietician appt? Do you know how long you're in the hospital for?

Im just waiting for my 2nd surgeon appt to sign consents and my surgery date....I hope I get it soon!

Pinner
on 2/4/15 9:31 am

I know right!!! lol 

I signed the forms yesterday and received my appointment yesterday as well.  I think things are moving quickly for me due to my large cyst on my ovary that needs attention right away.

I have no idea how long I am in the hospital for.  I did my nutrition classes last February.  I took advantage of the opportunity to visit a psychologist one on one :)  

Suddenly it's so real!!  Crazy :)  I've been looking at videos that talk about what to pack for the hospital and I start my liquid diet on the 12th.

Waiting for that appointment can be so hard. A lady that doesn't work there anymore told me that the squeaky wheel gets the surgery...lol  I wouldn't quote that but...

Do you live in Calgary?

kookicele
on 2/4/15 9:55 am

It's so exciting! 

So when is your surgery? When I met the surgeon 1.5 weeks ago he said from that day until surgery would be about 4 months. So I'm hoping the ball gets rolling! Lol I'm just waiting to get the appt to sign the consents. How long did you have to wait to see the surgeon again?

I meant the presurgery nutrition class...not the 6 weeks worth. They did say at the surgery info class that I went to last year that with the sleeve you're in the hospital 3-5 days. I don't know if that's still the case. 

Is is the liquid diet 2 weeks or 3? I'm not looking forward to that part, I'm sure it'll be hard. But I guess you just have to keep your eye on the prize and stay focused. 

kookicele
on 2/4/15 9:56 am

Oh I forgot to say, yes, I live in calgary. I'm going through the calgary clinic :)

Pinner
on 2/5/15 10:34 am

Hello Koo****le :)  My surgery is on the 26th of February!!

It was about 4 month from my first appointment with a doctor where I was approved to my second appointment where I signed my consent forms.  

The liquid diet isn't going to be fun :(  I'm doing 2 weeks.  

I will have more information after I meet with Amanda my nutritionalist on the 11th.

I'm so excited!!  

Tara W.
on 2/4/15 1:25 pm - Canada

I signed my Forms yesterday too!!  but they said surgery is still about 3 months out from me.  I still need to get my scope and stuff done.   Exciting for you!!!

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

Pinner
on 2/5/15 10:38 am

Congratulations!!  Your on your way!!!  Are you a little nervous? 

I thought that I had done so much research that I would be just fine but I have to admit I am nervous.  I'm worried about clots.  All the you tube videos I have watched provide compression stalkings.  I haven't heard anything like that here.  Might need to provide my own.

Are you having your surgery in Red Deer or Calgary?

Tara W.
on 2/5/15 11:57 am - Canada

I'm having it in Red Deer.  Even though I live in Calgary my family doctor has had better luck referring patients to red deer.... So I drive a lot ;)  I don't care thought.  The clinic has been amazing so it's totally worth it.   I'm not super worried about clots.  The treatments for them are excellent should one arise.  plus the best treatment to avoid clots in the future is...... Weight loss! haha so we're doing the right thing.   you could get compression socks or have your hospital bed raise at the end so your feet are elevated, that helps to get rid of the abdominal gas too.

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

Pinner
on 2/9/15 12:00 am

Ah... The gas... :(  Any tips on getting rid of that is wonderful, thank you!  

Glad to hear your clinic is so good.  I haven't had any troubles with mine either.  They have been great! 

I love watching the VSG stories on youtube.  I spent the last 6 months of my life listening and watching, taking notes etc.  I am so ready!! :)

Most Active