Calgary Weight Management Program, what happens next?

serenadh
on 4/16/15 12:24 am

I was put on the surgery wait list on February 17th and I have an appointment with the dietitian on May 7th, I am wondering if anyone knows if I will be referred to the psychologist and internist at this time or what is the next step. How long did everyone wait from wait list date to surgery date? 

mornings
on 4/16/15 3:42 am - Canada

there is a new bariatric clinic  (weight  management form just started  on the board  they may  be able to answer a lot of your questions,   congrats on your surgery wait list   I wish you the best    hope this helps you   http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AB/5310681/CALGARY-BARIATRIC-CLINIC-FORMERLY-WEIGHT-MANAGEMENT/

ShellaB
on 4/16/15 1:11 pm

I was put on the surgery waitlist in June 2014 and I am scheduled to have surgery on June 1. That is what they say the timeframe is typically, but it can go quicker depending on the availability with dr's and O.R. times.  they are also getting a fourth surgeon this summer, so things may run a little faster than usual.

I believe you can make an apt with the psychologist with the dietician (I can't remember) but if not, don't be afraid to email Hannah Jocson at the office and ask about your next step and how you can make apt.

Good luck on your journey. It seems like a long road but once you get that surgery date, you realize it was all worth it.   

Most Active