How long of a process is it? Timeline help please

Gazoozoo
on 5/13/15 6:59 pm

hello! I had my first appoint at the clinic at the beginning of May.  now I have many more appointments with nutritionist, internist, psychologist and then my case manager again End of July.  Can others who have been in the clinic tell me how many months or years it takes prior to surgery approval?  I was part of the evolution study as well.  the more information about the clinic the better!!!

Out_Going_One
on 5/13/15 7:06 pm - Calgary, Canada

What Clinic are you with? and what City?

Sleeved by Dr.Debru at Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, AB on January 7, 2016

HW 283 SW 271.5 CW 222  GW 180

Gazoozoo
on 5/13/15 7:09 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention I am in the Edmonton Clinic

Out_Going_One
on 5/13/15 7:18 pm - Calgary, Canada

No worries.  I am with the Calgary Clinic and we I think are different then the Edmonton clinic.  Hope someone can answer it for you.

Sleeved by Dr.Debru at Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, AB on January 7, 2016

HW 283 SW 271.5 CW 222  GW 180

TRACEYLYNN
on 5/16/15 7:57 am, edited 5/30/15 8:07 am - Calgary, Canada

I was with Calgary also in January 2015 and they told me Red Deer would be quicker to have surgery. All I have been told is that my intake (Orientation) will be in October or November 2015. I have since signed up for the living wellness nutrition classes which dont start until Sept 12, 2015. Wanted to start those before I go for my first appointment.  I'm anxious to get this done quickly because I really need to start working again but if I start now there would be no way I could go for my appointments as I wouldnt be able to get the time off.  So I am desperately trying to put work on hold until I am done. :)

Tracey Dick-Olson

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/20/15 7:07 am, edited 8/21/15 11:21 am - Calgary, Canada

Update I had my Orientation session in Red Deer yesterday and my intake appointment is next Tuesday Aug. 25

Tracey Dick-Olson

Gazoozoo
on 5/13/15 7:14 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention I am in the Edmonton Clinic

mornings
on 5/13/15 7:46 pm - Canada

i am with Edmonton clinic there  wonderful .. They have modules  that   I cant speak enough about as  I took these twice because I enjoyed them and  they helped me understand a lot I didn't ,    none the less ,  you will have  visits right up till  your surgery , I waited 8 months but I also used to be on a waiting list back in nova scotia too ,    my  son waited 8 months and no he wasn't on a waiting list ,   it will  also depending on your doctor which one will  be assigned to you as well ,   the process will go faster then you expect I believe ,  everyone really is different  but it wasn't as long as I expected and im not sure now there wait list ,   but the staff as in your nurse she can give you a timeline how  far back they are  if you ask   hope that helps

Gazoozoo
on 5/13/15 7:50 pm

I have done the evolution study and see the nutritionist this Friday then the internist psych and back to the nurse end of July, have you had surgery yet ? 

mornings
on 5/14/15 3:06 am - Canada

yes I had my surgery 2 yrs ago but now im having a revision in 2 weeks   same building   only I am on the main floor  and your uptop  different doctor as well ,  ... things sometimes go by very fast  in weight wise clinic  depending on  the doctors  and well summer is coming too  many  don't do a lot of surgery  in summer  I was told , but I didn't find a difference I still find it faster then I expected ,   keep positive  your gonna get there   smiles

Most Active