Wait Times Between Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary

Andream33
on 5/28/15 1:34 pm - Drayton Valley, Canada

Looking for information on wait times on refurals to clinics, to the different appointments to the times of getting into surgery.  I am half way done the modules as of today. My doctor said he will refure me once I started. But my next doctor appointment is June 17th. By then I will have 7 of the modules done. 

Barb K.
on 5/29/15 11:17 am - Canada

I was referred in November of 2013 to the Edmonton clinic. Had my first appointment there in October of 2014 and have my first appointment with the surgeon on Monday (June 1). I am told the current wait for surgery will be 9-12 months after that. Before I went to the clinic I had completed all of the workshops but that is not a prerequisite for the clinic in Edmonton. I found the workshops to be great and am glad I took them all. I don't have any complications or areas where I need some additional support from the clinic (such as psychiatrist, sleep clinic, any other health issues). During the period from October of 2014 until now, I have had 5 appointments with the nurse, 4 with the dietician, 2 with the psychologist and 2 with the Internist to get my referred to the surgeon. As I mentioned, I am having my first appointment with the surgeon on Monday so that is a little over 7 months from my first appointment at the clinic to seeing the surgeon and then 9-12 months (I believe it is trending more around the 12 months) for surgery.

Andream33
on 5/29/15 7:33 pm - Drayton Valley, Canada

Thanks for the info. 

sistah3
on 5/29/15 10:25 pm

I went through Red Deer although it took 2 years to get accepted as my paperwork was lost! Went to Orientation April 1, 2014. First clinic appt April 8, lost my 10% and was approved for surgery in Sept, surgery Nov 12

Andream33
on 5/30/15 4:42 am - Drayton Valley, Canada

That sucks that they lost your paper work. Thanks for the info. 

Most Active