Protine drinks

TRACEYLYNN
on 7/27/15 5:39 pm - Calgary, Canada

Is there any other way to get the daily protine requirements rather than drinking protine shakes if age on the taste of protine drinks and powders 

Tracey Dick-Olson

ShellaB
on 7/31/15 8:54 pm

After surgery, we are asked to purchase BENEPROTEIN which is a flavorless protein powder that you can add to anything in order to get the extra protein.  You can by it at Shoppers or try Walmart. The one I purchased was Nestle.  It has zero flavor so I added it to soups, drinks, sauces and other foods.  It helps that it has no flavor because you can add it to pretty my anything.

Hope this helps.  Good luck

TRACEYLYNN
on 7/31/15 10:27 pm - Calgary, Canada

Thank you ShellaB for your reply. I am definitely going to try that out. I bought chocolate extra protine drink thinking I might be able to stomach it......NOPE lol I chug it just to get it down yuk. But I will try the Beneprotine. I'm doing all this before hand so I know what I will be able to handle before spending money afterwards on stuff I won't finish. :)

Tracey Dick-Olson

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 8/19/15 10:55 am - Canada
with

I wasn't a big fan of protein powders either until I found the Diesel Protein at Believe Fit.  There are a bunch of different flavours and they mix really well with water and taste GOOD!  The Believe Fit in our City had a bunch of sample that they gave me to try before purchasing and that helped a lot!  Love the Salted Caramel!  I also mix them with more water because I don't like stuff that is too sweet.  Hope that helps you!

VSG 01/20/15 Dr. Joya Height: 5'5" Start Pre-Op Diet: 210 SW: 197 CW: 177.5    

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/20/15 1:48 pm - Calgary, Canada

Thanks for your reply I am currently looking to see what I eat on a daily basis that provides the protine I need and I think I have it covered with out having to drink those nasty drinks. 3 tablespoons of Hemp Hearts gives you 10 grams for one, plus I drink Special K brekfast replacement which also has another 10 grams of protein (1 a day)

Tracey Dick-Olson

Most Active