scared to be rejected

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/4/15 7:40 pm - Calgary, Canada

Hi i am so full of questions and concerns oh boy. I am so excited but at the same time really afraid of being rejected. My BMI is 48% but im afeaid of loosing weight until after my intake appointment. I have lost a few but i dont want to loose to mu*****ase they decide that i should be able to do it with out surgery . I am so tired of being almost 300pounds and having every joint and muscle in my body hurt so much that i cant sleep or even really walking further than the park a block away without my thighs going numb and my hips hurting sooo bad. Do i need to worry so much? 

Tracey Dick-Olson

ShellaB
on 8/4/15 8:56 pm

I think we all have that fear during this process. I know in Calgary, while I was stressing, I was told by my dietician that not many people get rejected.  If you do everything they ask of you and you keep in contact with the dieticians and attend all the classes necessary you should be fine.  Obviously, if you lose enough weight then they will reject you because you are successful on your own (which is a good thing).  For me, I enjoyed the healthy foods but I NEVER EVER felt full.  I could eat enough food for 3 people and then go back for more in an hour.  I honestly never had the feeling of fullness, so this surgery (VSG on June 1st) worked wonders for me. I started the program and ended up gaining 40lbs during the year because I really struggled with my portions.  I started my 2 week shake diet on May 11 (338lbs) and had my surgery on June 1st and as of today I am down to 274lbs.  This surgery worked wonders for my portion control and now I am eating my healthy foods but at a less than normal portion control.

Just relax and work the program the way you need to and always tell your nurses, dr's and dieticians about your joint pain and your struggles.

You will be just fine.

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/5/15 12:14 am - Calgary, Canada

THank you so much for your advice. I am such a controle freak that I have become obsessed with this trying to think ahead and what they want. I too have an issue with portion controle only with me I can go for days without really eating anything then I go for days eating everything in my reach. I even have to self talk to myself when I'm out on my own from not stopping at Burger King or any fast food place really because I love the taste yuck I know. I don't do it often but on one of my gorging days it's on the menu. I have become much more aware of this and try to eat healthy but like I said either I'm hungry and eat till I feel sick or I don't eat hardly anything at all. Oh boy I wish I could just relax and trust the process. I am 266.4 lbs I was 274 a month ago. 

Tracey Dick-Olson

Ricky1011
on 8/5/15 12:02 pm - Canada

I would have to agree with ShellB. I too have gone through the classes etc. visited the dr. and dieticians regularly. I am approved for surgery for Oct. 1 this year. If you follow everything correctly and do the classes, visit the dieticians and really really work with them, they are there to help you. You just have to remember one thing.......this surgery is not the fix all!!!!!!! If you think it is then you are on the wrong path. This is a TOOL to help you gain control of your weight and life. You STILL have to work hard to achieve what you want and your goals. I truly believe that and that is the way you have to think before going into this surgery as it is for LIFE afterwards. Please Please understand that. We all are in the same situation and have our own skeletons, pains, and heartaches we are trying to cure. This TOOL can help us along the way to achieve what we want. If you are feeling stressed about this then you should be visiting the psychologist they have and freely discuss your concerns. They will work with you and help you along the way, that is what they are there for.

I am sorry I ramble sometimes. Be strong and dedicated if you want this to work. We are here for you as a few have said for me already and I have not even had the surgery yet. I am scared as well, which is expected. Take care and drop a line here if you need to talk.

Ricky

ShellaB
on 8/10/15 5:59 pm

I have always referred to my surgery as "my partner" because I have to work with my surgery to make this weight loss happen.  Just because you have the surgery, ,doesn't mean you can still eat the things you always did.  You now have a much smaller stomach and you need to try to get a well balanced diet in this smaller tummy.  It is definitely tough and I sometimes struggle with that but coming to grips with the fact that you still have to work your butt off after surgery, is the first step.  "My partner (surgery)" and I do lots of exercise and eating right.  The weight is dropping day by day and it is not only becuas eI have a much smaller appetite and stomach, it is because I realize I have to still work hard

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/10/15 7:13 pm - Calgary, Canada
Most Active