Which Surgeon?????

BlueJayChick
on 8/21/15 9:14 pm - Canada

I have my last meeting with my nurse and dietician on Oct 5th and then I will choose my surgeon.  I will be having the surgery at the Royal Alex and have no idea about any of the surgeons.  I will be having the bypass because of my diabetes.  Any advice or opinion on who I should choose.

Thanks,

Jaq

Barb K.
on 8/24/15 8:16 am - Canada

I am going through the Royal Alex and have chosen the RNY but I didn't have a choice of surgeons (although I'm quite happy I will have Dr. Birch).

MissNexxie
on 8/26/15 6:23 am
VSG on 04/30/14

I don't know that you get to choose your surgeon, given that it's a provincial health program. The clinic likely does it though they may ask if you have a preference. In Calgary, we did not get a choice but all 3 surgeon's are top notch and I expect Edmonton is the same. 

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

BlueJayChick
on 8/27/15 5:58 pm - Canada

Thanks!!!!!

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/29/15 10:43 am - Calgary, Canada

I'm having the bypass as well but in red deer my surgeon is Dr. Ferris

Tracey Dick-Olson

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/29/15 10:48 am - Calgary, Canada

Oh and I was told surgery will be scheduled for 12-14 weeks after my intake with the surgeon on the 17 of nov. IF I LOOSE the 10% I'm required to loose by nov. 17 so I'm possibly looking to have it done sometime between feb 15 and the 29, 2016. If that changes I will let you know. It's actually not that far away and the time is going to fly because of the up coming appointments I have in red deer (I'm from Calgary) then thanks giving, then Christmas the time is going to be crazy fast

Tracey Dick-Olson

Most Active