Red Deer Oreintation August 19, 2015

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/20/15 2:03 pm - Calgary, Canada

Had a great information session yesterday and now We are back to Red Deer again Tuesday for my intake appointment.  Things are progressing very well tickety boo....Hope all my appointments continue this way. I also have a job interview tomorrow down town calgary for 80 hours a month whch is more than perfect.... feeling

Tracey Dick-Olson

Simplycin
on 8/25/15 3:58 pm

Hello TraceyLynn,

From the date that your referral from your family DR was sent in how long was it until you heard from the Clinic?

Cindy

Andream33
on 8/27/15 7:42 am - Drayton Valley, Canada

Simplysin, 

i talked to the clinic today and the wait time to get into the Red Deer Clinic is 6 months. 

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/29/15 10:27 am - Calgary, Canada

That's how long it took me to get in as well, mind you they first told me it wouldn't be until October or nov. before the orientation,  then I got a letter 2 months earlier than I was first told. A week later on August 25 was my first intake appointment with the nurse the intake with the dentition is on sept 3 and the intake with the psychologist is on oct 6 then the intake appointment with the surgeon is nov. 17

I have to say tho working with my Dr. During the waiting period for the orientation I had all the required tests done except for the scope. I had my stress test (ekg. Eec. Etc) sleep test, any MRIs I needed done for the pain I am in detecting osteoarthritis all done. I started my journal logging as soon as I got my letter with the date of orientation as well. The more prepared you are shows your commitment and willingness to make the required life long changes that are required of you. 

Hope ps this answers your question

Tracey Dick-Olson

Simplycin
on 9/8/15 8:07 pm

Thank you so much for that information. My family DR is not familier with the process so I have no information or time line on this whole process. All she can tell me is that I am aproved for Red Deer and that I need to wait and hear from them...lol

Cindy

TRACEYLYNN
on 9/9/15 6:27 am - Calgary, Canada

Hi Cindy. It's true our family Dr.s have no idea about anything bariatric. Alls they do is act as a referral for their patients then after that it's completely out of their hands. I am going to red deer for my surgery. I'm from Calgary but heard that red deer is the shortest wait list. Again there is no information on this you just have to be patient. I was referred in February and had my orientation meeting August 19 both this year. After my orientation the appointments started fast and furious. I have appointments every month now. The first is your intake with your nurse, then the next month is your intake with your dietitian, the next month is your psychologist, the next month is intake with is only 10 min with your surgeon then the nurse again and it repeats all over again up until your surgery date. Each bariatric clinic do things different they gave different programs. No clinic is the same. When I say YOUR nurse etc. you are assigned to YOUR own TEAM of Dr.s and health professionals which is also something I really like because they get to know you and visa versa. Hope this helps somewhat. I remember being where you are and there was nobody who could explain all this to me but I keep track of everything

Tracey Dick-Olson

Most Active