Was worried I wouldn't be accepted cause I have lost weight before getting into the clinic.

Andream33
on 8/27/15 7:39 am - Drayton Valley, Canada

I weighed myself yesterday and found my left down 12 lbs. Yay but scared because the clinic I have been referred to will only accept me if my BMI is over 40 because I don't have any other issues other then asthma. Thankful for that. My BMI was 43.8 when I started and with my weight I lost I am at 41.9. So this morning I called the clinic and talked to them and found out that they use the referral weight. Thank god. Cause I am not trying to loose anything right now. At the same time she looked me up cause I didn't know if I was accepted yet or not. And YES I have been. The tears rolled down my face in joy. I won't be going in till about Christmas time though. But I am good with that. Merry Christmas to me in August.

BlueJayChick
on 8/29/15 10:03 am - Canada

Congratulations.  It is still going to be a long process so keep eating healthy.  It is about 2 years before your surgery if you are getting it in Edmonton.  I have heard it's quicker in Red Deer. 

Out_Going_One
on 8/29/15 5:28 pm - Calgary, Canada

I am feeling the same way right now.  I have been accepted into the Calgary clinic, I have done all my courses, seen the psychologist and I am seeing a dietician every few months.  I went away for 3 weeks on a family holiday, didn't track my food like I was asked but I was very honest that I will not be doing it as I will be so busy and that we share dinners with the family and I will be walking tons.

We went to Las Vegas for 4 days and 1 week in Disneyland.  I walked an average of 22,000 steps a day.  Yup, I was sore and surprised that I did not feel too bad with 15 hour days at the park.

It was very tough as we ate out for all three meals and drank as much water as possible.  I came home and had lost 4 lbs. 

So the part that is scaring me is that I am still slowly losing weight and my BMI is dropping.  I meet with the surgeon Sept. 11th, 2015 to see if I will be approved for WLS surgery.   Does anyone know about the Calgary clinic and if this is an issue ?

Sleeved by Dr.Debru at Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, AB on January 7, 2016

HW 283 SW 271.5 CW 222  GW 180

Andream33
on 8/29/15 6:03 pm - Drayton Valley, Canada

Wishing you all the best!

Most Active