Premier Protein

Ricky1011
on 9/3/15 5:45 pm - Canada

Hi, I know I should be asking my surgeon this question, and I will be, as I start my pre-op diet of Ensure HP Drinks @ 5 per day for 3 weeks on Sept. 10/15.

Question is has anyone used Premier Protein as their drink instead of Ensure HP?

Ricky

MissNexxie
on 9/9/15 5:59 am
VSG on 04/30/14

I, too, had to drink the Ensure.  I wanted to use Premier Protein instead (because it was cheaper and available in bulk from Costco) but the clinic insisted on Ensure so that's what I drank.  I decided to go with it because so close to surgery I didn't want them to say I wasn't being compliant with their rules.  It's pricey but it's do-able and they didn't bother me after the first 2 days.  As support, my hubby drank them along with me which helped.

If you're clinic doesn't OK the PP then I suggest you go along with what they ask so you don't risk any delays or raise concerns.  Post-surgery, no problem with the PP.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Most Active