Edmonton Bariatric Revision Clinic....has anyone been denied?

Geminidawn
on 9/15/15 9:52 am

Hi, I am in the process of going through the steps to have a revision from VBG to Bypass through the Edmonton Bariatric Revision clinic and am wondering if anyone has been denied and if so, what was the reason.  I am so scared of being denied the surgery.  Also, for those that have had a revision, how long did it take from first contact to surgery date?  Seems to be quite a long process.

Thanks for any and all your help

Dawn

okgal50
on 9/30/15 10:08 pm

I started the process in Calgary from an old VBG (they just call it gastroplasty now) and it seems to be pushed along faster actually then someone starting from scratch. I've heard it's even faster in Ed. Than Cal.  It will probably be around a year but I had to,have tests that I waited on too. It goes fast and you have nothing to lose!  Well I guess you do!  ;0)

Geminidawn
on 1/25/16 7:17 pm

Hi there, did you get accepted for surgery?  I had a consult with the surgeon last Friday after 8 months and was declined!  So disappointing. 

okgal50
on 1/25/16 10:32 pm

Yes I did see the surgeon and have been approved for revisional surgery. I am waiting for a surgery date. In Calgary we have to go through nutrition and informational classes etc. and I had to have an upper GI done so that has all taken 8 months so far. I also have a Haitial hernia that needs repairing which can be done at the same time. Perhaps request to be seen at Calgary clinic?  I know classes are online starting this January. There must be something they can do for you?  To just be denied seems harsh. Good luck!  Keep  in touch. 

Geminidawn
on 1/26/16 4:15 am

Hi. That's awesome!  So glad you got approved. Who are you going through in Calgary?  I didn't think there was anyone here doing it. I'd like to give it a shot anyway. Thanks again. 

okgal50
on 1/26/16 9:21 am

Go to albertahealthservices.ca and go to Calgary Adult Bariatric Specialty Clinic.  All the info. is there.  I printed off the referral and brought it to my family doctor.  They decide who you will see.  I was referred to Dr. Debru but the other docs there might do revisions as well.  He has done the old VBG to bypass revisions and is doing mine.  It doesn't sound like it's his favourite surgery to do!  :0)  but he will do it if the conditions are right.  Now I wait.......for a surgery date.  It's harder than I thought it would be!  But I am grateful I've come this far.  I would def. consider the Mexico thing as I've heard some really good stories!  Best of luck!  Keep it touch!

Zarahp
on 1/23/18 6:25 pm

I have just found out about revision surgery. I live in Saskatoon so I would be going to Edmonton. Is there any place that I can find out what the criteria is for a revision.

Thanks for all your help

Travel-2021
on 9/19/21 8:39 am

I just got a call from a bariactric surgeon that I have a massive hernia attached to my sleeved stomach, so now I need revision to by pass an to remove my hernia

Most Active