Revision

babykissw
on 1/23/16 9:28 pm - Canada

How do you qualify for a revision for gastric bypass?

Geminidawn
on 1/25/16 7:09 pm

Hi. I contacted the edmonton bariatric revision clinic in Edmonton. Started last May. They had me do tests, journal my eating and exercising. Finally after 8 months I had a consult with the surgeon, Dr Vu, only to be told he wouldn't.t do the revision because I don't have diabetes or sleep apnea. Very disappointing. I don't know who else does revisions in Alberta though. Good luck. It takes a year or longer. I had a VBG in 2000 and have now found out that my staples line has ruptured in 2 places and is the cause of me gaining all the weight back. I had lost 70lbs. I'm going to most likely try Mexico now:)

TrulyPhoenix
on 1/26/16 12:18 pm - Calgary, Canada

They do revisions in Red Deer as well!  Not sure if all 3 doctors do them but at my last appointment it was mentioned that they've been doing a lot of revisions lately.

Geminidawn
on 1/26/16 2:20 pm

Thank you. I will check them out as well. 

Mysterygirl
on 5/4/16 1:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I'm not surprised though, as this clinic is a joke.  I've been dealing with them since January 2015 and nothing has gone right.  I've been lied to no less than 3 times by staff.  And in my many meetings at the clinic I have NEVER met even one person who is post op.  Everyone is just like you were and I was going though the hurdles meeting the nurse (4x), dietitian (5x) and psychologist (3x).  I am not convinced they help anyone as I haven't seen it.  They just seem to book lots of appointments and keep billing AHS for pre-op appointments. So discouraged! 

okgal50
on 1/26/16 9:24 am

Start with your family doctor or GP giving you a referral.  I know that's how it is in Alberta anyway.  I'm sure other provinces are the same?  What province are you in?

Geminidawn
on 1/26/16 2:20 pm

Hi there, yes I did get a referral from my Dr. However the surgeon I met with denied it. 

Most Active