New and on the road to change

Linusbeezus
on 3/1/16 7:13 pm

Hi everyone! My referral was sent in last Tuesday last week. I phoned the clinic in Medicine Hat today and they have me there! I was told that I have about a 10 month wait to get into the actual clinic but I would hear sooner for orientation group. The process has started and am excited even if I'm in the beginning stages. I've picked up a book on Bariatric surgery written by a doctor out of Toronto so I have the Canadian perspective and I am expecting WLS for dummies in the mail next week. I will read these cover to cover. Any other suggestions to get me prepared and ready for first contact? Greatly appreciated! Have a wonderful day!

Jaq
on 3/2/16 8:59 am

Congratulations, 

It is a long process but it will be worth it.  I read this forum religiously.  Weight loss for dummies is awesome.  I am having my first preoperative class in April.  Still about a year left so it does get frustrating but hang in there.

Jaq

bedtime
on 3/3/16 6:42 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

Congratulation

I've been in the Edmonton Clinic for a year now and have learned so much from them.  

Best of luck

Terry

TrulyPhoenix
on 3/4/16 9:29 am - Calgary, Canada

Start your food journal now (I use MyFitnessPal), as this will give you a head start with one of the clinic's requirements and is SO important with helping you make changes to your eating habits.   I'm so grateful that I started this when I was referred last April, as by the time my first appointment came in December I had already lost 68lbs on my own.  I also spent every day here on ObesityHelp reading everything I could about the surgeries and people's experiences.  I felt so confident and prepared when I went to my appointment, that they told me I was actually about 6 months ahead of most people when they start with the clinic... so use this time to your advantage :)

Linusbeezus
on 3/4/16 11:58 am

Thanks for all your replies and advice. Every little bit helps and I certainly appreciate the support. Good luck to all of you on your journeys!

Most Active